Any one on here been on TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Been in the paper a few time over the years. Plenty of times on televised football matches when providing FA cover.
Top marks go’s to Mrs 73 uncle who appeared on many a top of pops in the 70’s as the drummer of a well known glam rock band.
You cant leave us in suspenders. Which glam rock band ?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not recently but used to have fleeting bits usually only my hands showing but once on a fashion shoot holding a brolly over the model. I even appeared on Wales TV once as I was at a trade fair there wearing my kilt.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

You cant leave us in suspenders. Which glam rock band ?

Tom73
's from Yorkshire so i'll go for........

556be9358b78b07255a2b547a146d73ba8e3b74e.jpg

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I was on the main news when I was 13. Our school donated books to a bush school. It was my Spandau Ballet haircut at the time that got me chosen to do the interview.

I was also an extra on Donald Sutherland’s apartheid film ‘A Dry White Season’. Officially billed as the most boring film in history. Except for the bit when you see a schoolboy playing rugby; a schoolboy running up some steps and the bit where there’s a schoolboy firing a .303 at a rifle range. Earned a fortune over the holidays. Commuted there on my old burgundy Peugeot racing bike. It had suicide levers.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Oohhh Sugar Baby Love!!
Where they classed as glam rock ?
Not full on glam but those poncy hats and suits made them look ridiculous, which was one of the requirements of glam rock. I think (without looking it up) that the group, or at least one or two of them came from the Burnley area,so seeing as Burnley is nearly in Yorkshire that's how i base my assumption.:thanks:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="Accy cyclist, post: 5473475, member: 21759 the group or at least one or two of them came from the Burnley area,so seeing as Burnley is nearly in Yorkshire that's how i base my assumption.:thanks:[/QUOTE]

Is that the Burnley thats in Lancashire ? The same Burnley thats in the championship division (or will be soon if they dont shape up)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="Accy cyclist, post: 5473475, member: 21759 the group or at least one or two of them came from the Burnley area,so seeing as Burnley is nearly in Yorkshire that's how i base my assumption.:thanks:

Is that the Burnley thats in Lancashire ? The same Burnley thats in the championship division (or will be soon if they dont shape up)[/QUOTE]

Yes,the very same! Not wanting to derail this thread by football talk i'll make it short. They'd be better off in the lower division as their 'parachute payment' multi millions would almost guarantee a return to the top flight and by doing so they''d actually win games not just lose most and draw the odd game. Sometimes big fish in small(er) pond is better than small fish in big pond. So said....

upload_2018-12-18_10-2-9.jpeg

I think?:scratch:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is that the Burnley thats in Lancashire ? The same Burnley thats in the championship division (or will be soon if they dont shape up)

Yes,the very same! Not wanting to derail this thread by football talk i'll make it short. They'd be better off in the lower division as their 'parachute payment' multi millions would almost guarantee a return to the top flight and by doing so they''d actually win games not just lose most and draw the odd game. Sometimes big fish in small(er) pond is better than small fish in big pond. So said....

View attachment 443015

I think?:scratch:[/QUOTE]
Well I know of a manager with no club....as Man Utd have just sacked him .

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

View attachment 443015

I think?:scratch:
Well I know of a manager with no club....as Man Utd have just sacked him .[/QUOTE]

Heck,how will he survive and just before Christmas as well (!) :rolleyes:
He was doing a good job in dismantling the shoot club,it's a pity he couldn't finish his mission.:sad:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Anyone remember the Brookside spin-off mini-series Damon & Debbie? They filmed a scene in Morecambe, at Frontierland, when I was working there, right in front of the ride I was operating... no sign of me though when it was aired.

A friend and myself were also filmed for the Soulwax movie Part of the Weekend Never Dies... but didn't make the final cut or any of the deleted scenes on the DVD.

So that'll be a resounding NO from me :blush:

Anyone remember the Brookside spin-off mini-series Damon & Debbie? They filmed a scene in Morecambe, at Frontierland, when I was working there, right in front of the ride I was operating... no sign of me though when it was aired.

A friend and myself were also filmed for the Soulwax movie Part of the Weekend Never Dies... but didn't make the final cut or any of the deleted scenes on the DVD.

So that'll be a resounding NO from me :blush:
I remember that spin off series. I dunno what ever happened to the guy but i think the girl ( woman now) is in Emmerdale how do i know this stuff ?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Almost on TV.....In the 90's I lived in Box, Wiltshire. My partner & I were filmed for Peter Gabriel's 'Blood of Eden' track at Realworld studios about 5 minutes from our flat. Video started with me shaving into camera whilst miming the lyrics. They were going to 'morph' peoples faces. I was soooo looking forward to getting my mug on MTV etc, but alas, they opted for Pete & ShinyHead O'Connor in a studio.

Still, got some cash for it & a sneaky look in the main studio where he records stuff. Worth bunking off work for:okay:.

Top Bottom