Any one on here been on TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
For KP Peanuts?

:laugh: That made me lol

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I was on the Weakest Link.
It was early January and Fanny Annie had a stinking cold.
I was going great guns, the lady next to me kept getting it wrong. I voted her as the weakest link a couple of times.
Half way through a question Annne had a coughing fit. They cut the filming.
We waited 20 minutes.
Out she came and we continued.......But,

I’d been up since 4am to get to the studio on time and avoid M25 traffic (I was about 5 miles outside the free hotel bed)
I’d been under the studio lights, and the stopping had turned my brain and body off, it was like I’d been hit by a truck!

I went from probable winner to voted off instantly, by THAT woman.

She of course went on to win £2000.

She came into the green room and announced that she was a born again Christian and didn’t need the money, so she would give it to her son.

I left sharpish before I said anything I might regret.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I've been in the background on the Antiques Roadshow a couple of times. A friend does regular Extra work and although it doesn't pay that well she gets a day out usually on location and gets fed and watered. Her current extra role is as a teacher on Coronation St.

gavgav

Guru
I once made a brief and entirely unintentional appearance on a live edition of Gardening today back in the 70s. I was cheating big style in our school cross country run by crawling through a hedge to avoid a second lap of Kings Heath Park when I raised my head to see the back of Cyril Fletcher and the front of a live TV camera straight in front of me. One by one, my friends and I dragged ourselves out of the hedge with astonished looks on our faces and scuttled off out of sight as quickly as we could. I have always likened it to the scene in The Great Escape where the P.O.W.s climb out of their tunnel and realise they have come up forty feet short. Thankfully there were no videos in those days, and we got away with it despite being caught on camera.
:rofl: That’s superb!!

Katherine

Guru
In my childhood I was the only one in my family who hadn't been on TV. :smile:
- one of my brothers was the winner on a children's quiz show called Runaround. The top prize was a guitar but he was only interested in the calculater. In the 70s, calculaters were huge and unaffordable!
The same brother was also on South Today when he and a friend made a camp in the woods and were filmed cooking nettle soup. It's hard to imagine now that 2 boys could be allowed to camp unsupervised in the woods let alone tell the whole of the southern region that they were there!!
-When Songs of Praise was filmed in Winchester Cathedral we were all there. We were all separated into bass (Dad) and alto (Mum) soprano (all us kids). Over the course of the program, the camera zoomed in on everyone except me!

Top Bottom