Anyone else having problems with Wiggle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
I bought a new pair of shoes from them, paid for wiggle plus and 2 weeks later nothing! 3 weeks later a refund?
Returned a faulty Bib, paid £150 and after 100 miles (less than a week of me owning it) the stitching was coming undone, returned it on the 10th June and still nothing?
Customer service is poor to say the least, other places like Decathlon, and of course Amazon are a lot quicker.
I get it they are busy but so are the rest of the online retailers and I haven't experienced any problems elsewhere.
If this is how they treat new customers and I have spent around £1000 on cycling equipment (excluding bike) in the last 8 weeks I will shop elsewhere

vickster

Legendary Member
See here for contact address etc
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/halfords-wiggle-seriously-wtf.263325/

I always use Chain Reaction rather than Wiggle, never a problem. Mostly I stick to retailers with a contact phone number though like Sigma

10 June is only 2 weeks ago, give them a chance

Stocks are very short so fair play on the Swift refund when they couldn’t get the item

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Chain Reaction IS Wiggle, so I'm surprised if the service is any different. Wiggle aren't cheap any more and rarely have anything I want in stock (Google always throws them up as top result then the item is nearly always "no longer available"; Google is just an advertising tool these days). I haven't used them for years.

vickster

Legendary Member
That’s as maybe. I have never had any issue with CRC Branded purchases or their customer service

Not bought from the Wiggle site for several years or more

OP
OP
JRTemple

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
I did buy some tyres from CRC, didnt want to as I knew they are owned by Wiggle but the tyres were on offer, 24 hours after ordering them they arrived!

10 June is only 2 weeks ago, give them a chance

Stocks are very short so fair play on the Swift refund when they couldn’t get the item

16 days is plenty of time to receive them, see they are faulty and replace them, i have requested a credit note as the bib straps are very thin and I would prefer wider ones.

All deliveries and returns come from/to the same wharehouse.
They may build bikes in NI, but that doesn't stop Wiggle owning them.
CRC started off in NI so sound businesss sense could lead to them still using the premises. After all there was a big taxpayer stake, so there may be some legal obligation in place.

However, Wiggle bought CRC. That is a fact. They are one and the same company. Badges may be different, but that's all.

vickster

Legendary Member
I did buy some tyres from CRC, didnt want to as I knew they are owned by Wiggle but the tyres were on offer, 24 hours after ordering them they arrived!

16 days is plenty of time to receive them, see they are faulty and replace them, i have requested a credit note as the bib straps are very thin and I would prefer wider ones.
Probably took several days to get there, likely only received on the Monday (10th was a Weds I think)
Claim through your credit card company if thaf fussed

vickster

Legendary Member
When you made the purchase, you presumably ticked to agree to their terms and conditions...here's the bit about return of faulty items...so they still have ample time to get back to you (whichever returns service you used should have enabled you to track the date when it was received by Wiggle)

Faulty Item
Faulty items are not included in our 365 day return policy as they can be sent back to us at any time. Items sent back to us will undergo an inspection and, in certain circumstances, it may be necessary to send the item away to the manufacturer to confirm the fault.

All goods purchased from Wiggle are normally covered by a manufacturer's warranty, which, generally speaking, will cover manufacturing faults and defects including poor workmanship. We will always honour the manufacturer's warranty where applicable (these are normally one year).

If your product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, please return following the "How to make a return" steps and we will issue a refund.

Following the 30 days period, we’ll repair the product as long as it’s within the terms and conditions of our warranty.

If you feel that your purchase has developed a fault, then please contact us with photographs of the issue before returning any goods - we may be able to solve your problem without you incurring any postage costs.

We will then get in contact with you for the next steps in completing your claim.

For faulty items, please allow us 14 days to process the return. This is because the item will be subject to an inspection with our warranty team. If an item needs to be sent to the supplier for an inspection you will be notified via email, supplier inspections can take up to 30 days.

Please note:
items must be cleaned before being returned. Any items returned in an unreasonable state may be refused due to health and safety reasons.

Don't think you'll get a credit notes, only an exchange or perhaps a refund

Exchanges
Unfortunately we don’t offer exchanges on products other than faulty items. In order to provide the best service and quickest turn around, if you find yourself with a product that doesn’t fit, isn’t right for you or you’ve simply changed your mind, you can follow our standard returns process, opting for a refund. This means you can jump on site and order the replacement right away, making sure you get it at the price you want and when it’s in stock.

All unwanted items that are returned will be refunded back to the original payment method, as per our returns terms and conditions.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
All deliveries and returns come from/to the same wharehouse.
They may build bikes in NI, but that doesn't stop Wiggle owning them.
CRC started off in NI so sound businesss sense could lead to them still using the premises. After all there was a big taxpayer stake, so there may be some legal obligation in place.

However, Wiggle bought CRC. That is a fact. They are one and the same company. Badges may be different, but that's all.
Nobody said wiggle didn't own CRC.

OP
OP
JRTemple

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
For faulty items, please allow us 14 days to process the return. This is because the item will be subject to an inspection with our warranty team. If an item needs to be sent to the supplier for an inspection you will be notified via email, supplier inspections can take up to 30 days.

It's been 16 days! I've waited patiently for 14 days now i'm mad :boxing:

vickster

Legendary Member

It's been 16 days! I've waited patiently for 14 days now i'm mad :boxing:
It likely hasn't - what day did they actually receive the package? It didn't magic itself there I assume (I'd also assume that's 14 working days, which could be 30 if they need to contact the manufacturer...from the date of inspection presumably)

If you're mad, contact your CC company or Wiggle's CEO

OP
OP
JRTemple

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
It likely hasn't - what day did they actually receive the package? It didn't magic itself there I assume (I'd also assume that's 14 working days, which could be 30 if they need to contact the manufacturer...from the date of inspection presumably)

If you're mad, contact your CC company or Wiggle's CEO

Package collected on the 10th by courier so they would or should have had it by the 11th

Doesnt say working days and what is a working day now days!!

I'll take my anger out on the hills :bicycle:

:laugh:

Top Bottom