Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I have been riding with a guy on a Ribble Sle, He still has to work hard above 15mph, he pulls me up the steep hills, i drag him along the fast flats, it's hard work for him as it's a heavy bike above 15mph. Our average was 17.5 mph, so i know he worked hard, we got PB,s on a section of road where we did not drop below 18mph. So i feel if you have a guy on the E bike who is not after beating everyone up the hills, but is putting in more miles than he would normally do, it's all good, i really enjoy riding with him, as i do not have to stop at the top of the hill for him.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2106561238

Last edited:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I got accused of cheating when I used my TT bike to nab a couple of KOMS.... the bare faced cheek
Of it! :becool: (I did try hard, does that make it ok?)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I have been riding with a guy on a Ribble Sle, He still has to work hard above 15mph, he pulls me up the steep hills, i drag him along the fast flats, it's hard work for him as it's a heavy bike above 15mph. Our average was 17.5 mph, so i know he worked hard, we got PB,s on a section of road where we did not drop below 18mph. So i feel if you have a guy on the E bike who is not after beating everyone up the hills, but is putting in more miles than he would normally do, it's all good, i really enjoy riding with him, as i do not have to stop at the top of the hill for him.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2106561238

Be interesting to both wear HR straps to see how you compare on your rides together.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Be interesting to both wear HR straps to see how you compare on your rides together.
Could be worth having a look at doing that. But not sure what it would tell us.i am a lot fitter and 12 years older.

johnblack

Über Member
If it gets people out then I'm all for it, might even get one myself when I'm old(er) for pub runs. However, I draw the line at ebikes for kids, that should be completely discouraged unless there are specific circumstances that stops them riding a standard bike.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If it gets people out then I'm all for it, might even get one myself when I'm old(er) for pub runs. However, I draw the line at ebikes for kids, that should be completely discouraged unless there are specific circumstances that stops them riding a standard bike.
Why??? Cant people just choose what suits them, its a free world. Who gives anyone the right to dictate some one elses choice based on snobbery

Top Bottom