Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it gets people out then I'm all for it, might even get one myself when I'm old(er) for pub runs. However, I draw the line at ebikes for kids, that should be completely discouraged unless there are specific circumstances that stops them riding a standard bike.
OT, I was quite surprised when a kid at work (well a kid compared to me, he's circa 18) said he's lazy and uses an e'bike :smile:

johnblack

Über Member
Why??? Cant people just choose what suits them, its a free world. Who gives anyone the right to dictate some one elses choice based on snobbery
Not about snobbery, more about the health benefits of an active childhood, but it's nice that we all don't think the same way, that would make things very dull.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not about snobbery, more about the health benefits of an active childhood, but it's nice that we all don't think the same way, that would make things very dull.
Are you not still active on an e-bike?? Better than sitting on the sofa or lying on a bed playing computer games and munching on pork scratchings

johnblack

Über Member
OT, I was quite surprised when a kid at work (well a kid compared to me, he's circa 18) said he's lazy and uses an e'bike :smile:
I can see that becoming more of a thing in towns and cities, great from a congestion point of view. Can see people in the future using an ebike replacing what would've been a walk.

D

Deleted member 26715

If twisting your wrist is active then yes. I have followed people on e bikes that they do not pedal much at all.
Does it hurt you?

johnblack

Über Member
Are you not still active on an e-bike?? Better than sitting on the sofa or lying on a bed playing computer games and munching on pork scratchings
I don't imagine kids on e-bikes will be particularly active, but if it gets them from their sofa to the shop to buy more pop and crisps then it's a good start. If it leads them to getting a bike and relying on their own steam then even better.

D

Deleted member 26715

What has that got to do with anything?
I'm just wondering why you're upset about something that has nothing to do with you, if you were in pain by their actions then I could understand it.

jowwy

If twisting your wrist is active then yes. I have followed people on e bikes that they do not pedal much at all.
we are talking pedelecs....no s-pedelecs theres a difference

pedelecs need to be pedalled to work and is a legal requirement since 2015.....they are also limited to 15.5mph

so if your not offay with the rules and regualtions around the use of ebikes....stay off the thread

jowwy

I don't imagine kids on e-bikes will be particularly active, but if it gets them from their sofa to the shop to buy more pop and crisps then it's a good start. If it leads them to getting a bike and relying on their own steam then even better.
why wouldnt they be active?? or is that based on your assumption, rather than actual evidence???

Top Bottom