Are most people thick sheep ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It is quite easy to be scammed by websites that look real. I got done a few years back by a site which looked every inch like the site selling rod Stewart tickets for the O2. It wasn't until the bank statement came through and the payment had been exchanged into Turkish Lira that the alarm bells rung. As i paid on the credit card, I did claim, with all the relevant paper work, I did some research and I wasn't the only one to be had. I did get my money back, but the scammers got over £200 from me.

Yes but not because of this. Many people use travel agents for all sorts of reasons as they aren't just booking flights. It would be more relevant to say that you are thick.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
What's your point?

The human race has always operated largely on trust. Fraudsters have always found ways to betray that trust, and in the modern world the methods are becoming increasingly clever, so be careful before you poke fun at others that have been caught because it could be you next!

I aint poking fun , just cant understand why people dont find their own deals to suit them , instead of the sellers selling overpriced muck to the gullable

yello

Next time you read a map, ask yourself; are they lying to me?

Trust is inherent in our everyday actions. And it's sadly too easy to abuse, easy because we all trust so readily and without question. What is fascinating to me is how naturally we all do trust others, it actually says something quite wonderful about how 'good' people naturally are - and how downright f-ing evil fraudsters are.

So yes, people are "thick sheep". And we all, you and me included, are people. You do the best you can, with the level of knowledge and awareness you possess, but we're all on that 'thick sheep' scale somewhere.

Says he, who's just had an overly long phone conversation with an elderly neighbour who thinks her computer's been hacked because she's got a scam email.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
What's your point?

The human race has always operated largely on trust. Fraudsters have always found ways to betray that trust, and in the modern world the methods are becoming increasingly clever, so be careful before you poke fun at others that have been caught because it could be you next!
BTW it will never be me !!

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Yes but not because of this. Many people use travel agents for all sorts of reasons as they aren't just booking flights. It would be more relevant to say that you are thick.
I like being a thick Northener ,it suits me and my extravagant northern life style thank you very much

classic33

Leg End Member
BTW it will never be me !!
Anyone who says that will be caught.

I like being a thick Northener ,it suits me and my extravagant northern life style thank you very much
Then I’m pleased for you. There’s lots of holiday packages that are cheaper than booking independently as the holiday companies bulk book hotel rooms. There are also many hotels that don’t accept private bookings.

They’re also really useful for expensive bespoke holiday iteneries which you may not have any experience of.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Then I’m pleased for you. There’s lots of holiday packages that are cheaper than booking independently as the holiday companies bulk book hotel rooms. There are also many hotels that don’t accept private bookings.

They’re also really useful for expensive bespoke holiday iteneries which you may not have any experience of.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran

I have many young memories of "bespoke " holidays and the odd one here and there since retirement . Hope you enjoy yours and dont get visit Fagin for an all inclusive

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I aint poking fun , just cant understand why people dont find their own deals to suit them , instead of the sellers selling overpriced muck to the gullable
One of us is spectacularly missing the point here, unless we are not reading the same article? The BBC item actually describes people that are booking flights, accommodation or tours independently of the big operators. Have you actually read the article, other than the headline, because the examples they give describe people losing out to fraudsters after trying to do exactly what you are suggesting!!!

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran

Then I’m pleased for you. There’s lots of holiday packages that are cheaper than booking independently as the holiday companies bulk book hotel rooms. There are also many hotels that don’t accept private bookings. Did your boot licker tell you that ?

Top Bottom