Are most people thick sheep ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
That depends on how you define average as there’s a number of ways.
And you're above.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Are there not outliers in either direction, therefore balancing the curve?
Dunno, but it sounded good when I thought of it. :laugh:
Seriously though. If you take 9 people with very low IQ and 1 with very high IQ the number below the average gets skewed.
Eg. 9 x 1 plus 1 x 10 = 19. The average is 1.9. This means that 90% are below average.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Dunno, but it sounded good when I thought of it. :laugh:
After posting my comment I thought a bit more deeply and decided I was probably wrong. I'm not familiar with how the I.Q scale works but assume you can only go as low as zero, while the clever ones can be infinitely clever, thus upsetting the perfect bell curve distribution. I'm sure someone cleverer than me (or more studied in maths and statistics) will be along shortly to enlighten us both.....?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
After posting my comment I thought a bit more deeply and decided I was probably wrong. I'm not familiar with how the I.Q scale works but assume you can only go as low as zero, while the clever ones can be infinitely clever, thus upsetting the perfect bell curve distribution. I'm sure someone cleverer than me (or more studied in maths and statistics) will be along shortly to enlighten us both.....?
See example above.

And, where are sheep on the bell curve and, where is the link between gullibility, naivety and intelligence on the bell curve. And, so many ands, I though it was thick as mince. Now is mince beef or lamb?

D

Deleted member 26715

Slightly OT as it was a bank scam rather than a holiday scam, the father of a colleague a 63 year old, who up until retiring had a very responsible job was conned into moving £39K from his bank account into another, luckily just as he did it he called his bank in his mobile whilst still having the scammers on the landline. They confirmed it wasn't them on the other line but it was too late the money had already been transferred, it was 2 very agonising days before they agreed to refund him the whole amount back. This was a intelligent man who for some unknown reason that even he can't work out fell hook, line & sinker for it, so be very careful saying it will never happen to you.

Reactions: C R

Jimidh

Veteran
My mate and his wife got caught out last summer when they arrived at the villa they had booked online to find it was a private house.

He showed me the villa online before he went and it looked ideal as did the website.

My mate and his wife both university educated and have booked umpteen of these types of trips previously so certainly not gullible sheep.

Top Bottom