Ashamed to say I drive a BMW

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I had a BMW when I was with my ex wife. It was a 750iL. The ex was a director for a large electronics component supplier, so I got fed a diet of flash motors whether I wanted them or not.

The 7 series was a genuinely expensive motor. The arriss Bimmer drivers are the 1,2,3,and 4 series owners who have a BMW badge, but haven't actually quite made it in life. They take out this inadequacy and resentment on other road users.

Wafer

Veteran
It's ok, I drive a big black Audi, allegedly the epitome of inconsiderate drivers from comments I've seen online.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's the Transporter films that have elevated Audis from sensible to nutter status; it's got to be black and have a rorty exhaust. There's also a fashion for cream Mercedes around here but I don't know where that came from.

Gixxerman

Guru
[QUOTE 3716670, member: 259"]I only worry about drivers wearing hats.[/QUOTE]
I had a work colleague who thought similar. He came up with the rule "The crapness of the driver is directly proportional to the height of the headgear" ((c) Tony Lambord). I have to say that I have seen some very good anecdotal eveidence to support this.

On a more serious note, I drive a BMW and I am not ashamed to admit it either. I consider myself to be careful driver. I do agree that Audi drivers tend to be some of the worst ones out there, along with 4x4's and school run mums in people carriers and run-a-bouts (Micras, Corsa's et al). However, there maybe some conformation bias going on here.

barachus

I used to drive a BMW, now i drive big black audi 4X4
not ashamed to admit either :hello:

I drive both an audi and a BMW

One is a 335 convertible and poo and shovels come to mind.

It's an incredible drive yet can still fit our whole family in it.

Audi is Q5 easy for while family when need to carry lots of stuff.

Don't care what others think. I have no more in common with other marque owners than I do with other cyclists when on my bike.

Can't be bothered to search again but BMW and audi are pretty average in insurance claims. Unless we're all above average drivers and can handle speed then chances are it's just old wives tails.

I've had plenty of crappy passes from people who I think should know better in all sorts of cars.

screenman

Legendary Member
My wife has a customer who drives his Range Rover Sport up our driveway, but cannot reverse it, so this need's one of us to turn it around for him, plenty of room to do so even it had a caravan on the back. He is 94 though.

The Audi main agent I do work for gets less dents per car purchased than a Mazda or a Ford dealer, in my experience. So the Audi garage buys say 20 cars a week I work on 3, the Mazda garage buys 10 cars a week I work on 6, much the same as the Ford garage.

Top Bottom