Ashamed to say I drive a BMW

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Coincidentally, the only cockwomble driver on my ride today was driving BMW.
He seemed to think that the white lines saying 'Stop' only applied to the poor of the Parish, and certainly had no bearing on the fact that two cyclists were having to avoid his apparent lack of perception before we were crushed 'neath his wheels. (I'm sure the blood would have polished out and not spoilt the paintwork or affected the re-sale value....)

Dan B

Disengaged member
[QUOTE 3716651, member: 45"]
I drive a Skoda, by the way.[/QUOTE]
Ah, stealth Audi

cd365

Guru
I drive a BMW as well and like to think that I'm a courteous driver. None of my recent bad experiences have been with a BMW or an Audi for that matter

My worst passes 2 years ago were from BMWs. Last year it was from women. This year it is from Muslims.

I guess just maybe you remember those that conform to your prejudices.

mustang1

Guru
and they are all overpriced, over rated and no better than much cheaper cars.
Actually I think BMWs and the like are well priced and all the others cars are too cheap, and rubbish. :smile:

I like this post. U should like it too. Go ahead and hit the link.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I am sure that I am quite fortunate that most of the time I am out riding my bike, that I do so on B roads or single lane A roads, which means that I do not encounter to many car driver who act like idiots when the encounter a cyclist.

Apart from the young boy racers in their Corsa's, Clio's, Fiesta's etc.... the other type of car driver that I seem to have problems with is drivers of BMW's, of which I am sorry and ashamed to say that my current company car; which I inherited when I joined the company at the start of the year is a BMW; thankfully this will change soon.

Perhaps the reason why so many people who drive a BMW, drive like idiots is because of this perceived general reputation and therefore they think to themselves that they might as well drive like idiots anyway. Whatever the reason, I am getting so fed up with the way that I am treated by these drivers when I am out on my bike.

It will be good to hear the views of others and if they get the same treatment?

Your ashamed of your company car which sounds quite principled to me but your not principled enough to not drive it. Hmmmm.......

I'd be interested to know how your experience of driving a BMW has change your psyche - seems to me like you are in pole position to explain how 'German car with propeller badge warps mind of driver'.

FYI: over the years I have had 316, 320, 330, 520, 540 Touring and an M3 which I guess makes me fairly experienced re the brand. As far as I can detect none have morphed me into a cyclist hounding idiot.

Top Bottom