Bar mounted camera any suggestions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YMZF39C?keywords=GoPro HERO4 Session Action Camera&qid=1451158405&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I have taken a punt on this, original RRP 16 months ago was £322. will let you know what is like. Size was the biggest factor. I am pretty anti but had so many near misses in last 8 weeks, it might end up on here cheap in Feb!

When I got a dash cam for the car, I wanted to establish that it also took reasonable footage after dark-which it does. I am guessing that there will not be much consideration given to cycle cams in respect of night time capability? Anyone know?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
When I got a dash cam for the car, I wanted to establish that it also took reasonable footage after dark-which it does. I am guessing that there will not be much consideration given to cycle cams in respect of night time capability? Anyone know?
no thats a good thought as i do a lot of my riding early am ?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have a Garmin Virb (not the 'Elite', just the standard model. It cost about £70 plus Garmin bar mount and memory card put it a few quid over £100.

It's good quality vid, with 3 hours battery life and 6 hours recording with the memory card I have. It's not what you might call discreet, though you could use it underneath the handlebars if you want and flip the video.

@PeteXXX are any of the mounts you get in the std package suitable for mounting the viirb to the bike ?

or do you have to buy the bike mount kit extra ?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
hope the incident wasnt too serious - was it local ?

Not quite sure what happened but a mate hit the side of a car, driver claimed it was mates fault but video shows the driver to be at fault and his insurance company relied on the video evidence for proof.
In Rushden a while ago.

You ok ?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@PeteXXX are any of the mounts you get in the std package suitable for mounting the viirb to the bike ?

or do you have to buy the bike mount kit extra ?
You'll have to buy a memory card and a handlebar mount for it separately
  • WHAT'S IN THE BOX
    • VIRB action camera, Lithium-ion battery, Cradle, Short link, Right angle link, Adapter to popular industry mounts, Flat surface mount, Curved surface mount, Removable flange base, Threaded collar, Knobs (3), USB cable, Documentation

I got mine from Sportpursuit. I'll PM you the link to join up (free). EDIT: The camera is only £74.99 now.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Not quite sure what happened but a mate hit the side of a car, driver claimed it was mates fault but video shows the driver to be at fault and his insurance company relied on the video evidence for proof.
In Rushden a while ago.

You ok ?
fine thanks just started out again after knee op - been told got 2-10 years before complete new knee so thinking about going out in a blaze of glory this year - well at least try ;) hope your well - what you riding nowadays - will look out around sywell - for some reason thats where i think you lerk about - storming down moonshine gap !

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
fine thanks just started out again after knee op - been told got 2-10 years before complete new knee so thinking about going out in a blaze of glory this year - well at least try ;) hope your well - what you riding nowadays - will look out around sywell - for some reason thats where i think you lerk about - storming down moonshine gap !

well got a newish Marin road bike but not been out on it yet so main use going on older R.E.W Reynolds steelie , yes normally north side of welly or out grendon /bozeat way .
knee doesnt sound good

Top Bottom