Bar mounted camera any suggestions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
After two years of finding that my Contour Roam 2 was totally useless in low light, I bought a Xiaomi Yi (a Chinese GoPro-like camera) from GearBest on the recommendation of someone I know on Twitter. It cost me around £40, which I thought was worth a punt (the Roam 2 cost me about £150), and it has proved to be an excellent little HD 1080p camera with excellent low-light performance (as well as brilliant daylight performance). There's no LED screen on the back, but you can change settings via a phone app as well as see what the camera's seeing / operate it remotely etc. Battery life isn't great, but the batteries are cheap and I bought two extras with a dual charger, so I can either charge in-camera or charge two spares separately.Cases for it are compatible with all GoPro mounts.

D

Deleted member 23692

well i had first ride using the virb earleir and for some strange reason only recorded first 23 mins out of 90 mins+ of riding ??
Have you checked the memory card? My Virb always makes files of around that size, after which it starts a new one. I read somewhere this is to prevent the creation of silly sized files

Haven't got one but it does make sense when it comes to insurance and possible counter claims. Liability is a bummer when can't prove otherwise. Also in line with a discreet approach.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Flat battery?

no fully charged and we did a couple of silly films when back home ok ?

Have you checked the memory card? My Virb always makes files of around that size, after which it starts a new one. I read somewhere this is to prevent the creation of silly sized files

Memory card seems ok , going for the thinking that i remember checking all was secure at one point and perhaps i hit the off button , so will try 2moro and see what happens

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I had a similar problem as others seem to have had in that you have to push the mini-usb plug really firmly into the socket or it doesn't locate properly.
If yours has charged fully though, that isn't the issue.
Not sure what else to suggest.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This morning ride looks to have been recorded ok , but it seems to have done it sections ?

ie first bit is 33 mins , 2nd is 40 mins so need to check if all ride covered

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
18 miles this morning and just over the hr and when i replay it its broken into 4 x 41.07 segments and one of 5.32 !!!!

must admit not impressed in all fairness and certainly wouldnt recommend one to any one just on that basis alone

Top Bottom