Belly fat - how do I lose it quicker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
As has been said you cant target which fat gets burned off during exercise. For some reason Belly Fat seems to be the last to go and first to reappear.

Its as simple as reducing calories you eat and increasing calories burned up during exercise.Sounds easy but believe me I am fully aware how hard that can be to achieve.

OP
OP
Lien Sdrawde

Lien Sdrawde

Über Member
Thanks, heart rate monitor on the shopping list.

Monkspeed

Want to loose weight? It's easy, just need to do calories out > calories in.

For lunch and dinner, you need to aim for half of a dinner plate with boiled frozen veg (doesn't have to be frozen but its easiest), then the remaining half of the plate cut into two, 1/4 will be some boiled chicken breast (or tinned tuna), the other 1/4 some brown pasta/rice. Its boring as hell but very effective. For breakfast, porridge with skimmed milk or water, you can use cinnamon and cloves to jazz it up if you want.

Then at the very least, 20 mins exercise every day to get your heart rate up. I recommend skipping rope, or of course cycling.

The weight will fly off, but unfortunately we have no say over where the weight comes off, the body does that itself. So you may loose your belly first, or it could be the last thing you loose.

Contrary to popular belief doing sits ups and their variants doesn't get rid of fat per-se, you see everyone has those abdominal muscles there, its just usually hidden away under our body fat, the key to getting the six pack is to burn that fat off hiding them away.

Food. There's several ways to do this. Calories in/out, reduced carbs, fresh food. Have a look at the details, especially regarding fueling yourself for sport, and pick which one takes your fancy. If it doesn't work try something else. Reduced carbs and fresh food worked for me in my particluar circumstances and my training has dropped for other reasons but the body fat has stayed off. Changed from fat belly and round-ish face to visible stomach muscles eating healthy stuff. What works for me might not work for you. Ona generaly note I have read loads on diet and nutrition, hormones, human digestion and heatlh out of interest as well as having a family member with health problems which has brought about the emphasys to research this stuff. There's a lot out there and there is a lot of dispute over most ideas. Lets face it, I could write a web page claiming to be an expert linking to any studies whose results I can suggest confirms my particular point of view. In reality I'm a bumbling amateur.

If you eat a lot then reducing portions may work for you but isn't always the best option. The harder it is to stick to your eating plan the harder it will be to stick to it. If you want to keep the weight of you need a change in diet which agrees with you and allows you to enjoy your food rather than a temporary diet for short term weight loss. I'd go for changing the proportions of different foods on your plate. More healthy veggies, especally a wide variety of salad items including kale and raw spinach, can help to keep your plate busy. Avoid the man made fats and carbs as they are nasty.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Thanks, heart rate monitor on the shopping list.

That's a great start... now order an electronic food scale too :thumbsup:

As mentioned in the above responses - you can't spot reduce. Build caloric deficits regularly by controlling food portions and content. Try to up your exercise to burn more cals and create bigger deficits. Calorie counting will probably help a lot.

Good luck with it!

annaspanna

To regularly lose 1lb a week you need to be burning 500kcals MORE than you are consuming. Doing stomach crunches/ exercises is all good (particularly as it will strengthen your core when done correctly) but cardio will help to burn all body fat. You should be looking at a combination of cardio and weights (weights will keep your metabolism burning for longer). The key to all this is to get your form right. No point doing any weights etc if you aren't using your muscles properly. Good luck!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
To regularly lose 1lb a week you need to be burning 500kcals MORE than you are consuming. Doing stomach crunches/ exercises is all good (particularly as it will strengthen your core when done correctly) but cardio will help to burn all body fat. You should be looking at a combination of cardio and weights (weights will keep your metabolism burning for longer). The key to all this is to get your form right. No point doing any weights etc if you aren't using your muscles properly. Good luck!
You can't eat in a deficit until you know your BMR x activity.Other than that I don't disagree with your post. Although you can crunch and plank until the cows come home,if your diet resembles a childs you won't get anywhere.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Top Bottom