Belly fat - how do I lose it quicker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Similar target to myself then, although I am only 5'9". I am thinking 13 - 13.5 will be my aim. I have around 3 stone to shift still. I suppose it depends how active you are, on a daily basis. I am losing at a fair rate and have been for just over 3 months but I do a large amount of exercise (2.5 - 3 hours per day). Currently consuming around 2100 cals per day, sometimes a tad more (particularly on days when I do weights).

Have you tried calorie counting?

Just remind me again what zone 1 is?

Really?? That's why Im loosing very slowly, Im always up at 5 or 6! !

OP
OP
Lien Sdrawde

Lien Sdrawde

Über Member
Similar target to myself then, although I am only 5'9". I am thinking 13 - 13.5 will be my aim. I have around 3 stone to shift still. I suppose it depends how active you are, on a daily basis. I am losing at a fair rate and have been for just over 3 months but I do a large amount of exercise (2.5 - 3 hours per day). Currently consuming around 2100 cals per day, sometimes a tad more (particularly on days when I do weights).

Have you tried calorie counting?

Not tried calorie counting, as I tend to count grams of fat in products instead (I blame Rosemary Connelly).

Just an idea, but as we have similar goals - do you fancy a small wager? (for charity) Terms and conditions negotiable

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hahaha... no! :tongue:
I am about to start slowing down on my loss by upping calories a little bit. I am also skint!

You should seriously think about cal counting though. Nothing has ever worked for me until I started doing it (using My Fitness Pal). It's probably a bit too fast but I have lost 5st 3lbs, since the last week of Oct. So it definitely works!

Also started going to the gym 6 times a week, on top of the cycling but that's another story :thumbsup:

VamP

Banned
Really?? That's why Im loosing very slowly, Im always up at 5 or 6! !

Always?

Are your zones set up correctly? I find that getting into zone 6 is only really achievable in races, or at the maximum end of intervals.

You burn more fat in Zones 5 and 6 than you do in Zone 1, it's just that you can't spend all that much time there, and unless you're recovering appropriately from Zone 5/6 efforts, your training willl be counterproductive. Whereas Zone 1 you can ride all day every day.

postman

Legendary Member
Two ways to rid yourself of belly fat.
Vernons way,Slimmers World or mine have your gallbladder removed.You lose the weight then i can tell you.No more seriously diet and light exercise.

Always?

Are your zones set up correctly? I find that getting into zone 6 is only really achievable in races, or at the maximum end of intervals.

You burn more fat in Zones 5 and 6 than you do in Zone 1, it's just that you can't spend all that much time there, and unless you're recovering appropriately from Zone 5/6 efforts, your training willl be counterproductive. Whereas Zone 1 you can ride all day every day.

Yes I think so Im using a Garmin FR410 with a chest strap, but maybe that's why Im injured!! :blush:

VamP

Banned
It's not what you're using, it's whether you've measured your HRmax and set the zones correctly. Don't rely on the 220-age formula, it's a statistical average and often wrong for individuals.

I find that the biggest difference to training with a HR monitor, as opposed to without, is that I now ride a lot easier on easy days, and a lot harder on hard days.

yello

Don't rely on the 220-age formula, it's a statistical average and often wrong for individuals.

I'd go further - it's only ever right by chance!

That said, I genuinely believe it to be a useful rule-of-thumb (which, to be fair, is its intention). Particularly when you consider how unpleasant it could be to ascertain an accurate figure!

In my case, 220 - age is there or there arounds; I can tell when working hard that it's close. That'll do me.

VamP

Banned
I'd go further - it's only ever right by chance!

That said, I genuinely believe it to be a useful rule-of-thumb (which, to be fair, is its intention). Particularly when you consider how unpleasant it could be to ascertain an accurate figure!

In my case, 220 - age is there or there arounds; I can tell when working hard that it's close. That'll do me.

Yes you are right. As it happens I had mine measured in a lab ramp test, and it's almost exactly bang on for the formula, but I agree that this is only a coincidence. I know plenty who are out by 20 bpm or more. Which is a massive difference when you' trying to get your intensity right.

I have reached 99% in races a couple of times (not very often) but never manage to get over 95% in training, which illustrates how misleading perception can be in this area.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
does liposuction have to be a last resort
Liposuction is a significant surgical procedure and all surgical procedures carry risks. People have died during liposuction, and others have had serious complications afterwards. It may be relatively safe if done properly, but why take the risk when there are straight-forward non-surgical alternatives? Read this!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hahaha... no! :tongue:
I am about to start slowing down on my loss by upping calories a little bit. I am also skint!

You should seriously think about cal counting though. Nothing has ever worked for me until I started doing it (using My Fitness Pal). It's probably a bit too fast but I have lost 5st 3lbs, since the last week of Oct. So it definitely works!

Also started going to the gym 6 times a week, on top of the cycling but that's another story :thumbsup:

blimey mate. bloody well done...that's awesome.

Not tried calorie counting, as I tend to count grams of fat in products instead (I blame Rosemary Connelly).
[/SIZE]

This will relate to calories but you're only getting half the picture. Quantities of fat shouldn't be the only thing you look at. If you're working on calories then the calories in carbs will also count towards your stomach insulation.

OP
OP
Lien Sdrawde

Lien Sdrawde

Über Member
:eek: I have seen liposuction done a few times - you'd never have it done if you watched it up close - not ever.

This is my umpteenth time at losing weight, and I have never used calorie counting - if someone has a linky to a trusted bit of advice i'd give it a try. Always amazes me how great this forum is when you need a bit of advice. Thanks again. Neil.

Top Bottom