Belly fat - how do I lose it quicker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Motivation is high at the moment in preparation for the year(s) ahead. I have a lot of fat on my belly and need some top tips on getting shut of it faster than I would do by just cycling.
I'm never sure if my technique with sit-ups is any good and last time I did them I ended up with one of my abdominal muscles quivering / going into spasm for some days afterwards.
Thanks, Neil

Chris-H

Über Member
swimming mate and tons of it,you'll lose body fat from everywhere,the belly is the hardest and slowest part of the body to lose fat from......apparently :thumbsup:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You can stomach exercises till you turn blue and you will have toned muscles under the wobble , with the cycling you need to do more i am afraid in zone 1 .
For stomach muscles i have always found a "crunch " to be the most effective , taking your time with the up and down phase rather than rushing it and using momentum to get you up .I always think of trying to squeeze the collar bone to the hips if that makes sense .

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Ride up lots of big hills, cross train with a bit of running or swimming while maintaining a calorie controlled low fat diet. As has been said already the belly is one of the hardest fatty bits to lose.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Just remind me again what zone 1 is?
I would magine he is referring to heart rate zones for training. You have a specific heart rate zone that is most efficient for burning fat, iirc it is the first zone above your warm up zone, so not your max heart rate.

yello

I do feel people are missing the obvious here.... diet.

And by diet, I mean the things you eat rather than a lettuce leaf for dinner. You'll loose weight far quicker by eating sensibly (and, generally speaking, less) than by increasing your exercise intensity. Obviously, you can do both!

As to what eating sensibly is, I have my ideas (carb reduction) but so do others.

Top Bottom