Best rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
That looks interesting Iceniner.

I run two on the back of my bike. They are certainly bright for the price.

Iceniner

I was originally thinking of putting three together and have two pointing down onto the road and one in the centre flashing as this would take up the least amount of space and be brighter still. But then again i suppose any combination is possible.

However i couldnt find a bolt long enough in the spares box, so maybe ill do it another time and see if it makes it any brighter or not. For now ill keep my third one and put it on my bag or something.

historyman

gambatte said:
Depends when he told you as to whether it was true then.

Right now, a flashing light can be your primary.

Thanks, gambatte. He told me about 3 years ago. But I'll go after what you say.

PrettyboyTim

My 1/2 Watt Smart superflash arrived yesterday, and it's beautifully bright. However, I've now started having thoughts about getting another. I'd like to hack one to make a brake light out of it - I think it could probably be done without a great deal of modification.

I love your two-light mod, Iceniner. Simple but effective.

Iceniner

Thanks for your comment Tim, if you manage to get a brake light out of it, id be very interested in trying to get that to work on the spare one i have!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I'm going to be running 2 smarts on the rear of my rack.

Just been into JEJames and they're ordering in 2 No rack mounts.

JEJ get a lot of bad press about not being bothered if you're not spending >£1k. Completely the opposite experience for me and £3!!

Plax

Guru
I've recently purchased the Smart 1/2 watt rear light. It is fantastic. Cycling in today, I nearly blinded my work colleague cycling in with me who commented on how bright it was.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned these yet, and they're only any good if you have a dynamo setup, but the Busch & Mueller 4D+ lights are brilliant (literally).

simonali

Guru
simonali said:
I bought one too. Ordered Sunday night and it came Tuesday. Good old wiggle.

I am at present kicking myself for ordering this light, as I now need some pedals and could've got 10% off ordering them together.

Doh!! :rolleyes:

ratty2k

Brill, now I see what you did. May order some of those lights and brackets myself. Current setup on mine is this....Ones a Cateye (on the rack) cant remember which one! And the other is a Smart 7 led that I found out on my MTB in our local woods- which was nice!

2192666799_18789380d5_b.jpg

A crap pic, but it shows that I'm pretty visible!

2192664257_b779073c50_b.jpg

Top Bottom