BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can see your time Derek!
Do you know how the "Load Competitor from TCX file" works. If you click on that it gives a box with rider name - my name and the option to click on "choose tcx file". can you change the name in the rider name box... that doesn't seem to do anything for me.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hello @ibooij,

I finally got around to downloading - I love the way you can just run it out of an extracted archive - that's neat :smile: Does this mean you can just install it on a portable usb drive and then use it on any computer?

What I'm not keen on is having to sign in with the big G - is there, or will there be, any way around this?

Good work.

OP
OP
borchgrevink

borchgrevink

Do you know how the "Load Competitor from TCX file" works. If you click on that it gives a box with rider name - my name and the option to click on "choose tcx file". can you change the name in the rider name box... that doesn't seem to do anything for me.

You can probably run it from a USB drive, but I haven't tried. No clue about signing in with Google.

Yes you can change the name in the box. Did you load an actual tcx file?

ibooij

Über Member
@r04DiE Yes, you can run BigRingVR from a thumb drive, there's no need to install anything.

We will be offering more ways to log in. We're not planning on storing passwords ourselves, so we'll probably always be using one of the bigger names (Google, Facebook, Microsoft) for that.

@MasterDabber You should be able to change the name in the box from which you load the tcx file. You probably won't need to do that so often anymore, as we now save the activities to our servers so you can just pick your own our others' previous rides without having to load tcx files.

Just a question out of interest: Would you guys like to see real-time head-to-head racing in BigRingVR, like in BKool and Tacx Multiplayer? If so, what are the things that you, as users, would really like to see in real-time racing?
We can make guesses at what the most important things are, but we really value your opinion!

martin22

^^^ could you add details like 'approx ride time' and 'difficulty score' to the rides listed in the application, like they are on the website?
Also after the update yesterday, my cadence kept dropping to about 50% of its correct value (had garmin computer on as well so its not battery issue on the cadence sensor), and HR dropped out towards the end too. (again not battery issue as far as i know).

(garmin combined speed / cadence sensor and garmin HR monitor)

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Just a question out of interest: Would you guys like to see real-time head-to-head racing in BigRingVR, like in BKool and Tacx Multiplayer? If so, what are the things that you, as users, would really like to see in real-time racing?
I'd love to see this and I am sure that many more would. I've only used my smart trainer a handful of times (KIDS!) but I suppose I'd like to see things like position in group, placing (time away from contender(s) in front), distance to go, predicted finish time, predicted finish place... I'm sure others will come up with more / better ideas.

GGJ

Veteran
Still waiting on my Ant+ thingy arriving, should be here tomorrow and will give it a try then, meantime it's Zwift and Fulgaz for me

bobinski

Legendary Member
@r04DiE Yes, you can run BigRingVR from a thumb drive, there's no need to install anything.

We will be offering more ways to log in. We're not planning on storing passwords ourselves, so we'll probably always be using one of the bigger names (Google, Facebook, Microsoft) for that.

@MasterDabber You should be able to change the name in the box from which you load the tcx file. You probably won't need to do that so often anymore, as we now save the activities to our servers so you can just pick your own our others' previous rides without having to load tcx files.

We can make guesses at what the most important things are, but we really value your opinion!

Head to head sounds great!
I think zwift get a lot of the racing schematics right. Along right hand side you say who is in front/behind, and time and also their watts per kilo which gives you a pretty good idea of what you have to put out to bridge to them and what others are putting out to get to you. Whether you catch them or they catch you also gives you an idea relative strengths. I would like to see hr too, me and theirs, perhaps also average power/watts per kilo.
hope this helps.

I'd like to see options on how rides are ridden if you go down the route of head to head, also with riding against ghosts.
I wouldn't want to have to ride in crowded environments like zwift with a profusion of data. Fine if it's available to turn on/off for those who want it. If you have ghosts to ride against (and you're already at the first stage of this) I'd like the ability to turn off any drafting effect if you implemented that. Riding against ghost from a challenge/pacing perspective is good but I'd like to be able to see how I'm actualy able to perform myself not just as a result of wheelsucking.

ibooij

Über Member
^^^ could you add details like 'approx ride time' and 'difficulty score' to the rides listed in the application, like they are on the website?

We'll be adding those later. I can't make promises about when they'll be in. We will have to change the way we present the rides to make more room for these kinds of data.

Also after the update yesterday, my cadence kept dropping to about 50% of its correct value (had garmin computer on as well so its not battery issue on the cadence sensor), and HR dropped out towards the end too. (again not battery issue as far as i know).

(garmin combined speed / cadence sensor and garmin HR monitor)

That's strange, we haven't made any changes to the ANT+ code in this release. If you encounter this again, please raise an issue on the website or from the app and send us your log files (ant.log and message.log, both in the directory the .exe file is also in).

ibooij

Über Member
I'd like to see options on how rides are ridden if you go down the route of head to head, also with riding against ghosts.
I wouldn't want to have to ride in crowded environments like zwift with a profusion of data. Fine if it's available to turn on/off for those who want it. If you have ghosts to ride against (and you're already at the first stage of this) I'd like the ability to turn off any drafting effect if you implemented that. Riding against ghost from a challenge/pacing perspective is good but I'd like to be able to see how I'm actualy able to perform myself not just as a result of wheelsucking.

You will always have the option to ride alone, so you can do you own ride without thinking about other riders.

I agree that Zwift is often very crowded, I don't think we would want that. It's also harder to achieve, because we have more kilometers of road to ride, so riders will always be spread out between rides.

Regarding drafting: We don't have that implemented and have no plans of doing that at the moment.

Top Bottom