BIKES on the train NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
What is your interpretation of the lockdown rules if I take a train for say 30 mins to facilitate my daily exercise?

Domus

Guru
I would say it's best to leave public transport for essential workers at the moment.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'd say you're travelling precisely 30 minutes more than you need to and undoubtedly exposing yourself and possibly others. It's not essential to be travelling on public transport to get to exercise.

Maybe I don't understand the issue though... What's driving you to consider it, are the rides from your house not suitable for some reason?

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
@CT: To explain 1) I am not greatly concerned about exposure because I had the CV19 at the end of March and have fully recovered. I therefore have immunity and will not be a carrier 2) we live in Fulham; so to get to open country to the South I have to ride 45 mins to say, Banstead, to SW it is about 50 minutes to Esher and to the West about one hour to Sunbury in the Thames Valley.
@Domus: the point re essential workers is valid but I will always be travelling anti-flood - after 0930 outbound and before 1700 inbound.
@sleuthey: the use of a car to go to yr exercise point is permitted. So, is it so different to take the train?

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Why don't you start your daily exercise once you've closed your front door?

The World Health Organisation have said just this very day that there's no evidence that people who have had the virus are immune to re infection.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I am not greatly concerned about exposure because I had the CV19 at the end of March and have fully recovered. I therefore have immunity and will not be a carrier
Good to hear you recovered, but what @Drago said about immunity. Furthermore, wouldn't you would be another body touching surfaces and potentially moving the virus around for others to come into contact with, thereby putting others at risk?

tom73

Guru
You can't assume you have immunity the virus is still too new to know that. Equally no one really knows even if you've had it and you can't still act as a carrier so able to infect others.
The law and current guidelines may allow you to travel but it don't mean it's the right thing to do.
The current situation is not about what others do to keep you safe but what can I do to keep others safe.

We have to be fair in all this like others have said we'd all love to ride to new placers but don't.
Stay local and don't push it plenty of others are and most of use will still want to ride after this is over.
We don't want to become an even bigger target for the anti cycle bunch than we currently are.
Tensions are running high at the moment and being seen riding out and about is for many becoming a red rag to a bull.

If you do go ahead don't be surprised to get the BTP offering you some friendly advice in your ear.
It's not like they won't spot you at the moment they have become well use to spotting unnecessary travel.

Reactions: C R
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom