BKool - Virtual LEJoG - 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I've just recently stuck on a 11-40 and a road link adapter allows me to 'spin' at 80 or more when the resistance is maxed out. I'm enjoying riding some of the shorter BRVR climbs without destroying my legs by grinding a stupidly low cadences.
I'd happily do that, but what I need to do is get myself 'acclimatised' to riding a bike with 11-28, I can climb pretty well with a 32 as the max, although at 18-20% IRL I do end up grinding away at 58 RPM!! :eek: Normal sort of climbs round here are rarely more than 10% for a couple of hundred meters, which I can deal with (In a 32), not sure about that 28. Yes I could not use the two last rings, but that temptation is always, ans always will be, there :biggrin:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Stage 7 for me will be Friday or Saturday, I want to Recce CG3 tomorrow, in preparation for the real thing on Thursday

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well that's stage 4 and 5 ticked off the to do list. Stage 5 wasn't as bad as I'd thought but who decided to put a 12% half way through stage 4? Also forgot about real weather so spent most of the time riding stage 4 in a mist, or was that too much ale the night before! Mind you I'm making sure Real weather is definitely turned off for stage 6, I've recently watched "Hound of the Baskervilles" :evil:and know what happens if you venture out over Dartmoor of a night. So my cycle kit will include water, puncture repair kit, crucifix, revolver and Sherlock Holmes on speed dial. (Actually make that a Ouija board, it's the Peter Cushing version I'm after) Wish me luck.

Regards

Dave

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Well that's stage 4 and 5 ticked off the to do list. Stage 5 wasn't as bad as I'd thought but who decided to put a 12% half way through stage 4? Also forgot about real weather so spent most of the time riding stage 4 in a mist, or was that too much ale the night before! Mind you I'm making sure Real weather is definitely turned off for stage 6, I've recently watched "Hound of the Baskervilles" :evil:and know what happens if you venture out over Dartmoor of a night. So my cycle kit will include water, puncture repair kit, crucifix, revolver and Sherlock Holmes on speed dial. (Actually make that a Ouija board, it's the Peter Cushing version I'm after) Wish me luck.

Regards

Dave
You have about 3k of 7-12% to do in the middle of stage 8 :cursing::bicycle::surrender:. 1h45 and my legs are now jelly

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Well, that’s the Christmas objective met - All 15 stages now complete. I’ve been off the bike all week, so took it easy and enjoyed exorcising a tough week.

A few days off now back in The People’s Republic of Yorkshire, then back to the Land of the Scot. Once back, I’ll put together LEJoG League 2, stages 16-30. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas fellow LEJoG-ers :santa:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Stage 6 is a nightmare. The first 9 or 10km is mostly up a steep hill :blink: :cry: :boxing: :B).
Completed stages 4 and 5 today, followed by a quick descent of Alpe D'Huez to clear out the legs. Then had a go at stage 6 but bailed after about 12 km as legs just didn't have anything left in them. 82km of riding though this morning, over a 2 hr 45 min session .... not bad :biggrin:

Asthma not good either today due to very cold air ..... so glad I have the Bkool on days like today as there is no way I could have ridden outside with the air so cold :B)

Breedon

Legendary Member
Completed stages 4 and 5 today, followed by a quick descent of Alpe D'Huez to clear out the legs. Then had a go at stage 6 but bailed after about 12 km as legs just didn't have anything left in them. 82km of riding though this morning, over a 2 hr 45 min session .... not bad :biggrin:

Asthma not good either today due to very cold air ..... so glad I have the Bkool on days like today as there is no way I could have ridden outside with the air so cold :B)
I've brought the trainer down from the loft so a lot warmer now in the dining room didn't want to risk it again up there

Top Bottom