Bl**dy Dog Owners!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
The dog in question ran through the group of us standing around the blanket and picnic stuff, as we were packing up, sending things flying. Our only concern was where the kids were. The speed that it ran in it was not going to stop and it didn't. It ran between us across the blanket and out the other side.

I don't believe dogs should be banned or culled but kept under some sort of control where vulnerable people are around.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU&feature=player_embedded

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Surprisingly, responsible dog owners have the same problem ....

And there was me thinking responsible dog owners levitated and floated above ground. :angel:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
During the summer, I was on a cycle path following a Dad towing his little girl when a dog he was passing took a fancy to his bare legs and chased and snapped at his legs for what seemed like some considerable time.
I had to ride between Dad and the dog to break it's fixation with the bloke. I think I rode over it's back leg :sad: but anyway it yelped and went limping back the track to it's owner. I felt for the 'bad' dog because it was the idiot owner who was responsible for it's welfare who was at fault :headshake:

swampyseifer

The only thing that should be culled is the bad owners...

saying that, I am a believer that you can never guarantee a dog will always do as its told, or always act as you expect it. They are naturally feral creatures and I dont think they are all as domesticated as people believe. That is why I wouldnt let a dog off a lead in a public place, ever, dont care how much I think it might come back when I call it. I wouldnt even let it run loose on those leads that feed out a long stingy thing if there's people about, enough length so that it isnt walking directly next to me and so it can mooch about and investigate lamposts/trees/whatever but close enough so I have control over it.

snapper_37

ATEOTD dog shoot is a pain in the arse for everyone .... especially for those owners with dogs that have an obsessions of with rolling around in the stuff. xx(

staffy

Oh Staffy - so sorry - not sure why I put @ Staffy - mean't to put @ original poster. Sincere apologies! Idiot moment this end. Hope I am forgiven!

Presume you are a dog lover too - my boy is over there on the left - died a week after his 12th birthday - devastated!
No worries mate figured you'd got crossed wires , as Snapper said before this has been done to death but the same old ''the amount of times I've nearly'' people come out to have their little nag. I'm so sorry to hear of your dogs death do not want to think of it with mine , yours was a Weirmaraner judging by the pic ? what I will say is don't let people with one rule and one outlook on life :banghead: on a forum get to you with words which they aren't fussed about themselves .

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
ATEOTD dog shoot is a pain in the arse for everyone .... especially for those owners with dogs that have an obsessions of with rolling around in the stuff. xx(
If your dog was on a lead then it woudn't have the chance to do so...

Jezston

Über Member
The problem with so called "designated cycle paths" is that they are not exclusive use paths, they just mean you can ride your bike on them. The best way to avoid dog walkers, thier dogs and the mess associated with them is to use the properly surfaced designated cycle paths called roads. Ok you have to share with cars, lorries and busses, but at least they are a bit more predictable even if they are just as dirty.

Unfortunately this does not always work, a couple of weeks ago I was chased and nearly knocked off by a dog jumping up at me as I cycled on the road. To be honest I am not a great fan of dogs and quite a few of the owners don't seem to care what their animals do as everyone likes dogs, right??? :boxing:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnirdLXMR9c#t=0m31s
(contains swears)

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Where I used to live I saw a woman with a dog on a retractable lead allow her dog to cross the road here. She was standing on the left and her dog had gone across to the right near the green BT box. If you pan around you can see how busy this junction is. It is on the A18 through Hatfield and the road she allowed the dog to cross goes to the Health Centre and the local Secondary School. She was stood chatting to another woman :ohmy:.

snapper_37

If your dog was on a lead then it woudn't have the chance to do so...

Why should a well trained dog have to be on a lead where there are no people/cyclists/other? I've spent time, money and energy ensuring she has excellent command and recall.

I hate the retractable leads and the only long lead I have ever possessed is one used for training. The lead/harness fitted in public places is short.

Dan_h

My favourite line is the 'oh don't worry he won't hurt you' line you get from dog owners - well how am I supposed to know that as the vile, snarling creature bounds towards me, making a beeline for my ankles. Is it Germany where dogs are required by law to be on leads at all times in public? Would be good here and might stop dogs running riot among livestock/ ground nesting birds too as is common hereabouts. And ban the feckin' bastards from beaches too.

Bad timing for me this thread I'm afraid, as I came home earlier with a shoe covered in dog sh*te yet again! Frankly if I never saw another friggin' dog it would be too soon.

I hate that one as well, I don't care if your dog is not going to hurt me or just wants to play or is only a puppy or whatever. I do not like dogs. I am not going to change my mind because your dog is not actually going to bite me. It is not even that I am scared of dogs. I just do not like dogs in much the same way that some people do not like cyclists!

Bicycle

I went to a zoo once, but all they had there was one dog.....

I am unable to type the next line as there is a danger it might be misunderstood.

Top Bottom