Broken Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rouge79

Would you adam and eve it,

All lycra'd up and ready to ride out at 6am this morning and the adjustment buckle on my helmet snapped :cursing:

So i now need a new one and having an awkward shaped head not many look great on me :o)

I've narrowed down to either the catlike Whisper Plus in white or the Kask Mojito in Black/White.

Does anyone have feedback good or bad on either. I have read from a few people that wearing sun glases with the kask can be a bit problematic.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Can't you just buy a buckle and replace the broken one?

young Ed

Veteran
not an option i'm afraid

Helmet bounced off the wall/floor in a fit of rage :whistle:

Plus the straps were on their way out anyway which giro refused to replace.
ah so foam also damaged?
really i ought to buy another decent helmet but just can't afford it also it is still in just about usable condition.
Cheers Ed

I have a very thin head, tried the Kask, looked ridiculous on me. Could not find a Catlike, but I have heard they fit slim heads. I ended up with a Spiuk which fits great, but getting sunglasses on is a bit of a fiddle. Hope this helps.

not an option i'm afraid

Helmet bounced off the wall/floor in a fit of rage :whistle:

Plus the straps were on their way out anyway which giro refused to replace.

Giro have a crash replacement programme

ah so foam also damaged?
really i ought to buy another decent helmet but just can't afford it also it is still in just about usable condition.
Cheers Ed

You don't know that!

If there is any visible damage, then the chances are that there will be invisible structural damage as well.

Wearing a helmet that is damaged really questions the point of wearing it at all

OP
OP
Rouge79

Rouge79

In the end I got a Kask Mojito in White from Cycle Surgey west hampstead. £120 less the LCC discount so £107.99 :smile:

Fits like a glove and can handle my sunglasses no problem. Being bald the white helmet kind of blends in so doesn't look like a mushroom on top

In the end I got a Kask Mojito in White from Cycle Surgey west hampstead. £120 less the LCC discount so £107.99 :smile:

Fits like a glove and can handle my sunglasses no problem. Being bald the white helmet kind of blends in so doesn't look like a mushroom on top

You will also need a Buff or similar, otherwise on a sunny say, you will take off the helmet to find sunburn in the shape of the vents

OP
OP
Rouge79

Rouge79

You will also need a Buff or similar, otherwise on a sunny say, you will take off the helmet to find sunburn in the shape of the vents

LOL had the same issue with my old giro. Factor 50 suntan lotion is always applied plus i'm an early morning rider so usually back before sun reaches its peak

Top Bottom