Cabbie runs a red light...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't blame him.:biggrin::evil: <---(Posted before I watched the video)

I thought the second overtake was worse than the first,so what did you say to him?

I notice you blow the airzound when you get a close overtake...I had this the other day on the Bow flyover and the old brake lights came on,on the car.If he was thinking of fighting me on the Bow Flyover I was game although I think I just woke him up.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I just pointed out the camera and called him a stupid c@nt. TBH I should have pointed out the camera at the traffic lights, then he wouldn't have dared do it again. That'll teach me not to follow my own advice, and I only pointed this out last week no less.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh, I should have made it clear that when I pointed out the camera and called him a stupid c@nt, that was 2 miles further on in Peckham. All I said at the first traffic lights was "too close mate", and held up thumb and forefinger to show an inch of space.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, whenever I get a close overtake I hit the horn and make a pushing out to the right motion. It's for driver re-education - the bad overtaker learns although they might shout about it, and the following drivers usually learn too.

This is the first time in many hundreds of toots that the following driver ever came close than the first. They almost always go in the other lane IME.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
crikey, BM, you were really shifting it there. Agreed - he's a scaredycat!

Norm

I think showing the authorities (TfL do their licences, don't they?) that video, especially the RLJing, would have the cabbie discussing his career with the Met.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Cripes! First was close enough and I'd have said something as well. The second was just nasty. Each time I get a close call I wish I had a camera especially as it always seems to be cabs or bloody BMW drivers that swerve nastily at me. I reported a cabby the other day who did just the same and also then ran a light to get away presumeably before I could get his number and worse still he had a passenger.

Molecule Man

Are you sure he was running from you, rather than just blatantly jumping red lights, which is rare but not unheard of among cabbies?

That second pass was obviously pure spite, the outer lane was completely empty!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BM old chap, what was the junction he ran red at perchance? (I'll understand if you want to keep your route quiet though) I might look it up on google maps. :wacko:

jmaccyd

Norm said:
I think showing the authorities (TfL do their licences, don't they?) that video, especially the RLJing, would have the cabbie discussing his career with the Met.

I think you are confusing your lines of responsabilities a little. The licensing body is the Public Carriage Office (PCO) that used to be run by the Met police. Indeed, your cab driver's license is signed by whoever is the Deputy Commisioner of the Met is at the time. However, now the PCO reports to TFL, and therefore finally to Mayor Boris Johnson.

As for RLJ in London I'm afraid I am just inclined to almost sigh and say 'so what?'

Top Bottom