Cabbie runs a red light...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

lit said:
I think you are the one who needs to admit you are wrong BM
Kapooooooooooow,Scathing comeback x2.:wacko:

How can anyone hope to deal with such erudite verbal jousting.

I think I need a new avatar.
file.php

addictfreak said:
Certainly sounded like an f off to me when the second pass came!

Read the above again, it clearly says on the second pass. Which is even agreed by Origamist! The second pass was indeed closer, and the reaction I was referring to was the fact he (cabbie) seemed to cut in after the pass and brake in front of BM. Totally wrong and dangerous, on the cabbies part.
Anyway lets drop it there, what started as a bit of a debate and difference of opinion seems to have been hijacked by the loons.

Originally Posted by Origamist
There was no abuse after the first overtake. BM swore at the cabbie on the second, closer pass. He has not denied this. You suggested the second overtake was possibly a result of abuse he had received after the first overtake - there was no abuse at this juncture.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
lit said:
Is it REALLY worth it? let them be cowards.
right - when the person you're riding with is put at risk, and put at risk because she is a woman, you're going to just doff your cap..........

answer me this. Do you ride a bike?

lit

dellzeqq said:
right - when the person you're riding with is put at risk, and put at risk because she is a woman, you're going to just doff your cap..........

answer me this. Do you ride a bike?

Are you trying to put words in my mouth?

Yes I do ride a bike.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
lit said:
Every day, why are you fussed?
just checking........

HobbesChoice

I'm baffled. The video that BentMikey put up had no aggression in it at all from that first overtake. Anyone who believes "too close mate, too close" qualifies as being overly aggressive is clearly insane! Or has BentMikey added an uncensored attack video that I've missed? Saying "F Off" while being so closely overtaken sounded like just a reaction and even if he'd looked around at the cab and said it while sticking up his middle finger it doesn't make it ok for the cab driver to get so close.

As for the comments that say "do nothing mate, let them treat you however they want to" then every time you get treated on the road with respect while riding your bike you need to say a quiet thank you to all the cyclists who point out when a car is too close in a non-aggressive way (by saying something like ... I don't know ... maybe "too close mate, too close")

Some non cycling drivers possibly don't realise they need to give way at pinch points etc as maybe that didn't stick in their mind after they passed their driving test, so having a decent cyclist give them a sign that they felt a bit threatened by the overtake is a good thing. Otherwise they'll just think they did the right thing and carry on doing it. Those drivers that pass too close to prove or point or just to be an idiot may think twice if they know they'll be spoken to about it!

So, thank you BentMikey for your assertive cycling.

But those too idle to do anything need to realise it's the likes of BentMikey etc that make the roads easier for people like you to be able to enjoy your ride. If we all had the attitude of "treat me however you like, I'll pretend I haven't noticed" then it would actually be all our funerals.

Top Bottom