Cabbie runs a red light...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lit

You don't take criticism well do you?

BentMikey said:
The first overtake was at around 2 feet, which is too close by most peoples' standards. What abuse are you referring to? All I said to him was "Too close, mate. Too close." Even if I had abused him, which I hadn't, that will still be no excuse, or are you suggesting otherwise?

Sounds very much like a denial to me!

BentMikey said:
I just pointed out the camera and called him a stupid c@nt. TBH I should have pointed out the camera at the traffic lights, then he wouldn't have dared do it again. That'll teach me not to follow my own advice, and I only pointed this out last week no less.

Exhibit 'A' I rest my case.

Origamist

Legendary Member
addictfreak said:
I have just watched this clip and have to say that the first overtake didnt look close to me (maybe you had to be there). The second however was a clear cut up, possibly a response to the abuse he had received.

addictfreak said:
Exhibit 'A' I rest my case.

There was no abuse after the first overtake. BM swore at the cabbie on the second, closer pass. He has not denied this. You suggested the second overtake was possibly a result of abuse he had received after the first overtake - there was no abuse at this juncture.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
User3143 said:
Hippo is a known troll on these forums..
Mr Hippo is a well known and much respected cyclist who, in 50 years of cycling, has forgotten more than you will ever know.
You 'chavs on bikes' complain about everything when, in reality, it's more likely to be your fault! Learn to read the road and traffic patterns; if you have to adjust your speed and positioning then do so. Why waste time & energy screaming at motorists and spoiling your ride?
I travel on some of Bangkok's busiest and fastest roads, traffic passes me at motorway speed sometimes very close but do you hear me complaining about it?
A few weeks ago on SeriThai Road (a very busy road from the northern suburbs), I was doing aboit 30kph when a motorcycle overtook me and cut across me; his rear footpeg caught my front wheel. I wobbled for a bit then brought the bike under control. What should I have done? Chased after him and had a word with him? Report him to the police? Start a thread on here about a close overtake and attempted murder?
Why don't you do what I do and just enjoy the cycling?

Yes I've seen the driving and cycled in Thailand.Some of the driving is total looney.In my time there I never witnessed any tit for tat driving.IE that cyclist pissed me off so I will close pass him.Most of the time I felt safe out there.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Ahh the trolls are out in force. Be careful on those bridges people, you might run over their fingers. :whistle::smile:

lit

User3143 said:
Hippo is a known troll on these forums. Looking ay your inane comments on helmet wearers the same could be said for you as well.

Another one who can't see through the bullshit.

Top Bottom