Cabbie runs a red light...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lit

Well it seems you are telling porkies as I'm sure I can hear you swearing on that video That aside, you are a very aggressive cyclist.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
lit said:
Well it seems you are telling porkies as I'm sure I can hear you swearing on that video That aside, you are a very aggressive cyclist.

The point is, the swearing comes *after* the second overtake, and addict blamed me for that and suggested it caused the second aggressive overtake. When shown to be wrong, he then went on to twist words and lie to try to maintain his point, instead of doing the honest thing and admitting the mistake. No surprise that I'm offended by his blaming me when I'm the victim, and not the instigator as he suggested.

Same goes for your aggressive comment really - I'm neither the instigator nor the aggressor. Not only that, but my reactions are generally rather more restrained than many we read about on here with the sort of red mist, hitting cars, and other misbehaviour. I'm certainly not perfect, either.

lit

Me think you protest too much...but if a car passes me too quickly I just let it go, so many do it, it has no effect on me whatsoever. Same goes for when they nearly hit a car the other side of the road because they are impaitent, it doesn't shock me anymore.

lit

Regarding you not being the instigator, it seems you feel that as a justification to abuse them.

lit said:
Me think you protest too much...but if a car passes me too quickly I just let it go, so many do it, it has no effect on me whatsoever. Same goes for when they nearly hit a car the other side of the road because they are impaitent, it doesn't shock me anymore.

I find it hard sometimes and I don't always let it go if the driving is appaling.
I had a go at a cabbie at London Bridge a few months ago because he was driving while using a mobile phone and he was too close to my rear wheel and for some reason he took offence even though he was endangering me and I was not endangering him.Things like that get on my tits.

lit

I see where you are coming from but ask yourself this, what will getting angry achieve? Just smile to yourself knowing the driver is a fool.

lit said:
I see where you are coming from but ask yourself this, what will getting angry achieve? Just smile to yourself knowing the driver is a fool.

That's just the easy way out though isn't it?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Why should I be bullied? I don't think my reaction was either aggressive or abusive, but I'm not going to stand down either. I do the whole video and email companies thing not for me, but for all the other cyclists the driver will come across in future. IMO it's a very successful tactic.

The beep and pushing out with the arm after a close overtake has a noticeable teaching effect on drivers. That's what I did when the Merc driver passed me too close right at the start of the video. It teaches not on the driver who made the mistake, but usually everyone else who sees the incident as well. In the first six months of moving to our new place, it made a huge difference in the number of close overtakes.

lit

What's wrong with the easy way? Are you saying you want to cause yourself to get angry just to feel satisfied? that's a odd way to go through life.

lit said:
What's wrong with the easy way? Are you saying you want to cause yourself to get angry just to feel satisfied? that's a odd way to go through life.

Not really but sometimes im fired up...possibly I may be knackered on a 4am commute or I could have finished a long shift then I get some absolute moron who cannot concentrate or doesn't care anyway,plus the fact some of them use their vehicles to bully or in an agressive way.Technically that bus driver drove like a tit (and too fast)...perhaps he was at the end of his shift.Perhaps I have grown up a bit though as generally I have a go rarely now unless it is really bad.I knew what mr 23 was going to do tonight as I have seen it so many times before at pinch points but as I have already said...what about an unexperienced cyclist being bullied there by a big red bus?

Sometimes you have to stand up and cannot always let it go.

You said I haven't the bottle to cycle in primary but I have the bottle to have a go when some moron drives like a tit.

Why should I be bullied? I don't think my reaction was either aggressive or abusive, but I'm not going to stand down either.

Ditto,just because you are in a metal box,doesn't make you god.

lit

Well it seems you don't have the bottle to be honest with you, keep trying it when you have a clear road behind you and you will build your confidence. If you want to have a go at drivers do but remember who is in the metal box, there are people out there with licences who shouldn't have them

No.I probably have much more cycling experience than you and a few on this board so I will ride in a way I am happy with and I won't be told on here how to cycle.

I don't tell other people how to cycle on here I don't believe in it.

Of course I would offer my advice but if they want to ride primary or don't want to ride primary then they should do what they are happy with.

Top Bottom