Can i use Pedigree Chum in a beef stew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You said you'd try it out of the tin... everyone knows you can't put metal in a microwave... I do believe you are trying to wangle your way out of supper.
No,i'd put it in a microwavable dish, of course. Though i might leave the tin on top of the communal tins and bottles recycling bin just to wind Mr I hate dogs up.^_^

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'd nip out and get some activated charcoal tablets before your alimentary canal starts processing your meal.

https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/gas.htm

Drago

Legendary Member
You can put metal in the microwave, although it might not end well.

microwave_03.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
I once ate some cat food and ended up in hospital. Food poisoning wasn't the problem though. I end up hurting my neck whilst licking my ass.
On a serious note though Accy don't try eat dog food or any over tinned pet food for that matter. Working on farms for many years I've seen my fair share of still borns of cattle and they will be sitting around for days before the knackers wagon would come round to pick them up. They would all end up being processed for cat/dog food . Its certainly not for human consumption buddy.
"The material of animal origin used by the pet food industry comprises those parts of animals which are either deemed surplus to human consumption or are not normally consumed by people in the UK, and derived from animals inspected and passed as fit for human consumption prior to slaughter. Animal material of this nature, which is not intended for human consumption, is classified as 'animal by-products' under the EC Regulation on Animal By-Products for which Defra is responsible, and assigned the lowest risk rating. This rating requires that the material be free of any transmissible disease, which therefore excludes material from dying, diseased or disabled animals."
Pet Food regulations are stronger than those for human consumption

I used to work in the petfood industry...and no, never ever would I eat it.

Our products went to Pedigree (who are or were part of the Mars group) Ingredients include...
Beef lung, straight from the abatoirs. I'm not sure it's even legal to sell lung now for human consumption after BSE became a big thing.
Blood, probably 100 gallon vats of concealed blood...again from the abatoirs.
Probably not for dog food but lorry loads of fish waste, heads, anything left after collecting etc.
Lots of 'meat for pet food is actually extruded 'paste made from all sorts of by products, ground through massive machines then formed into useable pellets. Transport, storage, handling, manufacturing...none of it meets requirements for human consumption and if you saw the processes involved....no way would you eat it.
That's kinda worrying.

Given that I'm just back from a trip to "a supermarket", and there were chickens in the meat section for £1.99 a kilo. At least 25% cheaper, per kilo, than tins of "meat" for cats or dogs. xx(xx(xx(

Were the chickens intended as pet food?
Nope.

All the glossy plastic, neatly trimmed, false pink colour, and careful lighting necessary to lure the gullible into thinking the fat-fllled cotton wool was "farm-fresh". xx(

You didn't buy one I take it, choosing the pet food option instead?
^_^

I bought two tins of black beans, to make a chocolate cake. A bag of dried black beans, so I can have some in the freezer ready for future chocolate cakes. Two bags of sugar to make some bramble jam/jelly tomorrow. A couple of bags of bread flour. And a bottle of milk - which involved me walking along the meat display.

And I had a sudden mischief-making thought ... "**** me, that's cheap. Wonder how it compares?" :tongue:

Totally scientific? My ****.

[edited - aye, and the black beans were cheaper per kilo than the cat- and dog-food tins too. But I trust them :tongue:.]

Have you tried dog chews and such things? They taste of iron,so i've been told. As children we used to eat Bonio dog biscuits. Our great grandmother gave them to us a "treat". I think she was suffering from Alzheimer's or something:unsure:. Anyway,the wholemeal one was my favourite.

No just stuck to the tinned stuff!!!

I was curious as it looked good when it come out the tin but it was no where near as tasty as it looked

After that the idea of chappie on toast never took off !!!

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
^_^

I bought two tins of black beans, to make a chocolate cake. A bag of dried black beans, so I can have some in the freezer ready for future chocolate cakes. Two bags of sugar to make some bramble jam/jelly tomorrow. A couple of bags of bread flour. And a bottle of milk - which involved me walking along the meat display.

And I had a sudden mischief-making thought ... "**** me, that's cheap. Wonder how it compares?" :tongue:

Totally scientific? My ****.

[edited - aye, and the black beans were cheaper per kilo than the cat- and dog-food tins too. But I trust them :tongue:.]
I'd be interested in that cake recipe, sounds different and I like trying different ingredients (although not dog food).

I'd be interested in that cake recipe, sounds different and I like trying different ingredients (although not dog food).
It's here - http://atastylovestory.com/the-famous-brilliant-black-bean-chocolate-cake/. Good eating.

[edited to add - added bonus, it's gluten-free. Don't let that put you off, if you've experienced the (frankly?) nasty results of baking with g/f flour. This tastes better, feels better, and disappears faster than any wheat-flour recipes I have ^_^]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom