Carradice bags - are they a faff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SGG on a bike

Has anyone mentioned the ladies technicians names stitched into the insides? That's a lovely touch!

Now you come to mention it, I never gave it a thought, but mine was made by Andrea (written, not sewn).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep I was about to say they're only written in Biro, a lovely touch though. :becool:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Emma made mine.
There was a huge thread on yacf (I think) where lots of folk listed the ladies who made their bags.
Emma seemed a rarity. Maybe a newish member of the carradice team.
It's a nice personal touch in a world of mass produced stuff.

carvelos

I love my carradice saddlebag I now use it as a bar bag for those big picnic days, I have just reproofed it and it looks as good as new

Last edited:
Emma made mine.
There was a huge thread on yacf (I think) where lots of folk listed the ladies who made their bags.
Emma seemed a rarity. Maybe a newish member of the carradice team.
It's a nice personal touch in a world of mass produced stuff.
Maybe Emma got the boot after not getting the hang of it?

(yes, YACF was where I read about this!)

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
My bag has arrived, but I cannot read the name on the label!

EDIT - and as soon as I posted I flipped the label and it clearly says Sue on it - I don't know what the other scrawl is - the person who checked it I suppose?

tyred

Legendary Member
My bag has arrived, but I cannot read the name on the label!

EDIT - and as soon as I posted I flipped the label and it clearly says Sue on it - I don't know what the other scrawl is - the person who checked it I suppose?
My Sue is my oldest at about ten years old.
Good to know that Sue is still going strong and in my experience she makes a damn fine saddlebag

Top Bottom