Cars get owned in protected bus lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redddraggon

Blondie
slowmotion said:
Before you all pile in and say that sneaking up a bus-lane is a hanging offence, perhaps you might consider the other bad stuff that looms somewhat larger....and no, I do not invade bus lanes.

They don't look like they are trying to sneak into the bus lane, a lot of the drivers seem to be going full pelt behind the bus, trying to beat the bollards.

I have no sympathy, it doesn't look like they are driving with due care and attention and are going far too fast for the situation.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
And can I reiterate; I'm sure no-one here would find it amusing if someone was hurt. But as it is they've just damaged their car and their pride through their own stupidity. And that is amusing.

on the road said:
That's what the warning lights are for.

Oh I didn't notice them...sorry.

benb said:
And can I reiterate; I'm sure no-one here would find it amusing if someone was hurt. But as it is they've just damaged their car and their pride through their own stupidity. And that is amusing.

Well the geezer behind the camera must have been bored.

Jezston

Über Member
If something like this happened to someone I know, I would of course be concerned for their well being and the impact such an event and possible injury and repairs to their car would have on their lives.

I'd also laugh at their stupidity.

Lizban

Since when was the punishment for driving in a bus lane damage to your car and endangering the occupants?!?

Imagine the PCN - 3 points, £60 or we ram a bollard up your car!

In my mind, they are dangerous and an over reaction - this issue could be resolved by cameras or gasp actual police officers!

redddraggon

Blondie
Lizban said:
Since when was the punishment for driving in a bus lane damage to your car and endangering the occupants?!?

In my mind, they are dangerous and an over reaction - this issue could be resolved by cameras or gasp actual police officers!

They aren't a "Punishment", they are a barrier, that let only buses past.

It's the drivers choice if they ram into the well signposted barrier.

Lizban

redddraggon said:
They aren't a "Punishment", they are a barrier, that let only buses past.

It's the drivers choice if they ram into the well signposted barrier.

They are a punishment -

If you break a rule there is a sanction - what is it if it's not a punishment?

NigC

While I have little sympathy for the idiotic drivers, it does seem a little harsh - I know they shouldn't be so stupid, but major damage and possible injury to innocent passengers seems to be the penalty.

How about a compromise? The cameras are already there, so....

First offence - Strongly worded warning
Second offence - Another warning plus fine and penalty points
Third offence - drop a wrecking ball on the bonnet!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Lizban said:

They are not dangerous. If people are too stupid to read the signs, ignore the lights and think they can gamble and tailgate the bus then quite frankly you have to wonder why they have got a licence.

They should also be charged with driving without due care and attention

Lizban

4F said:
They are not dangerous. If people are too stupid to read the signs, ignore the lights and think they can gamble and tailgate the bus then quite frankly you have to wonder why they have got a licence.

They should also be charged with driving without due care and attention

OMG! How can driving a ram through a car with enough force to take it off its wheels not be dangerous!!!!

let's be clear - of course they should face a sanaction for their driving but a ram through the car isn't right.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Lizban said:
OMG! How can driving a ram through a car with enough force to take it off its wheels not be dangerous!!!!

let's be clear - of course they should face a sanaction for their driving but a ram through the car isn't right.

It's not a sanction, or a punishment of any kind. It's just as predictable as the effects of ramming your car into a concrete wall because you think it might just get out your way.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Lizban said:

Are you watching the same video ? They are bollards, there is a warning that the bollards are there, there is a flashing light warning that the bollards are there.

In the first instance you can see that the driver has aknowledged this fact and decides to reverse and wait for a bus in his vain attempt at entering a restricted area.

The driver is an idiot.

Top Bottom