Cheap, Useable Cycle Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Whist a lot of it is the quality of the camera that is impressive :becool:
Took photo with my venerable LG G3 with the flash off.

Last edited:

SuperHans123

20161112_193518.jpg
20161112_183745.jpg
20161112_191322.jpg
Couple more pics from a cracking Gower Circular tonight.
Mumbles Pier, then the Beaufort Arms in Kittle and finally Clyne Valley.

SuperHans123

Why not have 1 light?
Up until recently I did only have one which was just fine.
Recently bough the Specialized Roll Elite on the Cycle to Work scheme (Loved it when I saw it in Tredz in person; Tredz HQ is 2 miles from where I live)
Added £100 to the cycle to work voucher and bought the Altura Nevis Jacket I am wearing in the pic and another iZone as they were reduced from £79.99 to £29.99.

When I started back cycling 3 and a half years ago, I used those cheap and bright Cree lights with the battery packs but got fed up of other cyclists moaning at me, regardless of how I angled them.
Also was not a fan of having a battery block stuck to my frame in a Topeak bar bag.
Also, that one time coming down Clyne Valley, one minute, daylight, the next Hammer House of Horrors, I thought, sod that, I need a better solution, hence the iZones because of the bang for buck, build quality and the fact they are USB rechargeable. (Big Brucie this for me)
You know what the Ministry of 'They' say, 'Nothing succeeds like excess'

Last edited:

bondirob

Up until recently I did only have one which was just fine.
Recently bough the Specialized Roll Elite on the Cycle to Work scheme (Loved it when I saw it in Tredz in person; Tredz HQ is 2 miles from where I live)
Added £100 to the cycle to work voucher and bought the Altura Nevis Jacket I am wearing in the pic and another iZone as they were reduced from £79.99 to £29.99.

When I started back cycling 3 and a half years ago, I used those cheap and bright Cree lights with the battery packs but got fed up of other cyclists moaning at me, regardless of how I angled them.
Also was not a fan of having a battery block stuck to my frame in a Topeak bar bag.
Also, that one time coming down Clyne Valley, one minute, daylight, the next Hammer House of Horrors, I thought, sod that, I need a better solution, hence the iZones because of the bang for buck, build quality and the fact they are USB rechargeable. (Big Brucie this for me)
You know what the Ministry of 'They' say, 'Nothing succeeds like excess'

Nice
I've never had any complaints about my cree from other cyclists and I just Velcro the battery to the crossbar.

bondirob

To each his/her own as the Ministry would no doubt say.

Each to their own:smile:

Top Bottom