Cheap, Useable Cycle Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have an izone 600 which is plenty powerfull enough for on totally black lanes but the battery only lasts about 3 hours of full on.

Could do with 5 hours during winter may just buy another izone and swap them over when first goes flat.

If you have an izone I can recommend you slow down when the battery indicator goes red as it will suddenly cut out completely soon after.They don't just get gradually dimmer.

Back to the op if using cheap lights put two on the back incase one cuts out without you realizing.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
I have an izone 600 which is plenty powerfull enough for on totally black lanes but the battery only lasts about 3 hours of full on.

Could do with 5 hours during winter may just buy another izone and swap them over when first goes flat.min

If you have an izone I can recommend you slow down when the battery indicator goes red as it will suddenly cut out completely soon after.They don't just get gradually dimmer.

Back to the op if using cheap lights put two on the back incase one cuts out without you realizing.
I have this light and on half power it lasts quite a bit longer and still gives out a decent level of illumination.
I also have the newer 650 lumens model and this lasts nowhere near as long.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I have this light and on half power it lasts quite a bit longer and still gives out a decent level of illumination.
I also have the newer 650 lumens model and this lasts nowhere near as long.
Is it lighter, though?

As I've just opined in another thread, battery lights basically haven't moved on at all since 1W LED headlights and 12Wh rechargeable battery packs became available a few years ago, giving about 10 hours of good light. Some lights weigh less, but it mainly seems to be through use of smaller non-removable batteries giving shorter runtimes and overall lifetimes.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Is it lighter, though?

As I've just opined in another thread, battery lights basically haven't moved on at all since 1W LED headlights and 12Wh rechargeable battery packs became available a few years ago, giving about 10 hours of good light. Some lights weigh less, but it mainly seems to be through use of smaller non-removable batteries giving shorter runtimes and overall lifetimes.
Not that you'd notice.
The only aesthetic difference is the new version has a slightly 'carbon' feel to it whilst the older 600 model is smooth plastic. (New version also has a steady flash mode along with fast flash and 'epilepsy pulse' mode that is present on both models) This steady flash mode is not present on the 600 model.
If I'd have known how much quicker the 650 ran down before I bought it, I would definitely have got another of the older 600's.

Great lights all the same although advice for anyone buying them; get a 99p holder with a thumb screw from Ebay as the 'belt strap' solution that comes with them is truly shocking.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not that you'd notice.
The only aesthetic difference is the new version has a slightly 'carbon' feel to it whilst the older 600 model is smooth plastic. (New version also has a steady flash mode along with fast flash and 'epilepsy pulse' mode that is present on both models) This steady flash mode is not present on the 600 model.
One of the biggest selling cons going. And dating the electronics back at least 10 years.

Top Bottom