Coffee (cold) to go......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BromptonChrispy

BromptonChrispy

Following up......
I cold brewed rough fresh ground coffee in a french press for 24 hrs. Put it in a small plastic bottle with a teaspoon of sugar. Chilled it and took it and a few fig-rolls out on a socially-isolated ride. Although not strong to taste it was absolutely lovely and I’ll definitely be making it again. Cheers☕👍

I didn't think of this either.....:bravo:
Thanks again - what a wonderful community ♥

Re the round the back of a church, this is what I use with the bialetti espresso pot.

This:

https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/v...MIoIas5-3W6AIVVuDtCh2tdwb6EAQYASABEgIM__D_BwE

attached to this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Camping-Gas-Stove-Adapter-Three-Leg-Transfer-Head-Nozzle-Screwgatel-S-K/362496129040?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Those tall gas cannisters are very cheap, not much more than a pound if bought in multiples - make any number of coffees. The device it is slotted into ensures that the cartridge stays the right way up so that there is no flaring.

I do have a small super compact windshield but in truth rarely use it except in extremis - the process is so fast that I can just use my body as a windshield.

I use a 2 cup bialetti - usually I fire it up twice but then I am a caffeine head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BromptonChrispy

BromptonChrispy

I too have a moko pot dependency! I’m down to four of them now but had six at my worst 😔. Also I bought a similar little stove just before the bloody sodding miseryvirus kicked in. Once we’re all allowed to roam further than the end of the garden, I may do a little microadventure and make coffee in a field.........I’m easily pleased !

Thank you for your encouragement and suggestion 👍

I often take out Pocket Expresso or Pocket Coffee with me, very popular with Italian riders i've bumped into. I've ordered some more Pocket Coffee last week as i've used up all my stock that i picked up late last year when in Italy. Could only get the Coffee version so i usually put these in the fridge over night if it's warm. Each Pocket Coffee is about 1/3 of an expresso in terms of caffeine.

Nothing like as good as a slice of cake and a nice hot café au lait but better than nothing, especially these days.

Top Bottom