Cycle path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You have had common sense replies ,plenty of them , you just didn't like them because they didn't agree with you and that wasn't what you wanted to hear

Jody

Stubborn git
If common sense replies came that would be great but rude sarky replies from fools is no good to anyone.

You're (allegedly) wanting to sue a farmer for the cost of an inner tube because he cut his hedge. How did you think this thread was going to turn out :laugh:

Actually, don't answer that. I think this thread is going the way you intended. Yes i'm cynical.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ok. But if we're bigging up common sense, common sense says don't go out without the means to fix punctures. Even a Marathon Plus full of Slime isn't puncture-proof.
The Small Claims court has been suggested but spending £25 just to open a case for an £18 repair doesn't smack of common sense to me, especially as you could end up more out of pocket if unsuccessful

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My bike got filthy from wet roads. Can i sue the council for not drying the roads ?
Coming soon to a thread near you.
There is no legal duty to dry the roads unless they put the water there and it's either flooded or frozen. There is a legal duty not to leave shoot from hedge trimming or farming all over the road.

icowden

Veteran
The Small Claims court has been suggested but spending £25 just to open a case for an £18 repair doesn't smack of common sense to me, especially as you could end up more out of pocket if unsuccessful

With the sort of evidence that Wyn has, the decision is likely to rest on the mood of the judge and whether he feels sorrier for the plaintiff or defendant. If the judge deems the claim to be a waste of court time, things can go badly...

OP
OP
W

Wyn Davies

It would be much more than 28 pounds cost of getting home how much would a taxi have cost?

OP
OP
W

Wyn Davies

I went to Canada last year rented a bike went miles with out puncture repair or anything no problems .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom