Cycle path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
W

Wyn Davies

No, put a claim in for what was spent. Or get in touch cirectly with the farmer assuming you know who you're claiming against
I will .

Jody

Stubborn git
Good don’t leave it too long. Did you take good photos of the mess as you’ll need evidence. Do you have the thorn too?

The pertinent question is did the situation ever exist? There are more holes (excuse the pun) in this story than a colander. It's a thorny issue that I think may leave the OP deflated.

Smudge

Veteran
Yes, you will definitely need the offending thorn as evidence. You may want to back it up with a report from a botanist to prove that said thorn came from the adjacent hedge.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You are probably aware - but if you are crazy enough to go down the small claims route, you will need to have actually contacted the farmer first and given them a chance to sort it out. If that fails then you need to send them a 'letter before claim' or a 'letter before action'. On the bonus side you can also claim a fixed cost of a solicitor to write the claim for you, plus 8% interest. When you win your case :whistle: you will most likely get you claim cost back.

Please let us know how this all goes.

Smudge

Veteran
You should also use the information that you rode a bike in Canada without incident. This will go some way to prove you're not usually puncture prone.
Its all building up to a watertight case, i'm sure you will destroy the farmers defence team.

You should also use the information that you rode a bike in Canada without incident. This will go some way to prove you're not usually puncture prone.
Its all building up to a watertight case, i'm sure you will destroy the farmers defence team.

The farmer may not have a de fence team the alleged issue was caused by a hedge not a fence :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
And even if you did win on court, it's not a given that you would be awarded costs.

Life isn't fair, and it's a ridiculous proposition to suggest it is. The very process which brought our species into being and dominance - evolution - is most specifically unfair. Fair gets you nowhere. Fair is a mechanism by which losers and weaklings do better than their talents, abilities or efforts would otherwise allow them to. Fair, observed universally, is very unfair.

You've gotta know when to hold and when to fold, and a scenario where even if you win you could likely still end up losing strikes me as a time to fold. Hell, the time you spent on here whittling you could have earned enough to buy many new tubes, so you're already losing. Suck it up, move on.

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
You've gotta know when to hold and when to fold, and a scenario where even if you win you could likely still end up losing strikes me as a time to fold.

He would prefer to carry on with the bluff. Folding isn't in his repertoire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom