Cycling related things that are not seen any more...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Then my contributiion....

The "Eco-Bulb"

IN the early days this company brought out a replacement bulb for rear lights which had 3 LEDS

Simply replace your original bulb and extend battery life

Those were pretty good. I ran a really cheap rear dynamo light with one of those in for some time.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
bicycle clips,
i always wondered why these were sold in pairs , ok one for your trousers on the drve side ,but surely you dont need one on the other side.

Bicycle clips were invented a long time ago when people wore flared trousers, it was possible then to get the left trouser leg caught in the chain.

They are the wonder lights I remember, but that's no Grifter, if I'm not mistaken it's a Raleigh Tuff 2 Burner, quite valuable now I believe. :biggrin:

Certainly is a Raleigh Burner, and indeed they are worth a few quid these days so they are :thumbsup:

I was never allowed a BMX as a kid, but I used to bum rides off of my mates whenever I could.

The only thing that was 'Wonder'ous about those God forsaken Wonder lights was that they sold in the numbers they did. I lost count of how many plastic wingnuts I broke through constant re-tightening of the crappy brackets!

public information films..
He deserves to have a bad accident with those ridiculous handlebars! They make a Raleigh Chopper look safe :wacko:

Bars.png

D

Deleted member 23692

Pneumatic?
Nope. They were simply a hoop of hard spongy stuff with a tread moulded on the outer face and the inner face was shaped to fit a rim. Absolute buggers to get on/off a rim.

oldroadman

Veteran
In the workshop a while ago, a little book from the Holdsworthy Company, with lots of little bits and pieces, dated from the 60's. All line drawings, no photos, stuff like toeclips, straps, Crodoni plusses, long socks, appalling lights, inner tubes, etc., and prices in old money. Lot's of 3/11d. Cost of the book 6d.
Title: Bike Riders Aids.
Not likely to be a big seller now, I suspect!

Tyke

Skirt guards on Women`s bike rear wheel.
EverReady lights with key to lock them to bike

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Something I haven't seen on a bike for a long time is a kid riding 'no hands' belting down hill with no fear of being knocked off.
That reminds me, not something I hadn't seen for a while but something I'd never seen before. A copper on a bike. It was a WPC and I caught up with her on a stretch of my local cycle path, your post reminded of her as she was obviously practicing her no handed cycling. She did it for a little while with her hands by her sides, then she tried it for a while with her hands on her hips. I guess she heard my cassette clicking eventually as she grabbed back hold of her handlebars and looked round very sheepishly :blush: . I congratulated her on doing very well as I cycled past :thumbsup: .

Top Bottom