Cycling Safety Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Here is one example - yes some polite criticism from here
http://www.cyclingforums.com/threads/cycling-safety-survey.452950/
They look similarly wary to me.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I thought it was a pretty good survey. It asked about injuries and accidents, not the same thing.

One or two questions didn't have an answer that was completely appropriate to me but I managed to offer the nearest suggestion.

Good luck, hope it helps.

OP
OP
R

russellsg

That is understandable but you can see from the time an effort that I am making to answer each question that I am not a spammer.

OP
OP
R

russellsg

I thought it was a pretty good survey. It asked about injuries and accidents, not the same thing.

One or two questions didn't have an answer that was completely appropriate to me but I managed to offer the nearest suggestion.

Good luck, hope it helps.
Thank you - I knew if I waited long enough I would get at least one positive comment

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Thank you - I knew if I waited long enough I would get at least one positive comment
To be fair to the other members, we get a lot of this kind of thing and can suffer a little from survey fatigue meaning that we will naturally become a little suspicious. I can see their point but am giving this one the benefit of the doubt. (I was at the other end of this spectrum earlier this week and was very suspicious of a new poster...see how that works)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Questions:

• As you've previously alluded to both bad driving and cycling you witness, have you created a commensurate vehicle driver safety & attitudes survey?

• Can we have that one if it exists given we're largely drivers too?

• If there isn't such a survey, why not?

• What is your understanding of the nature and causes of accidents and injuries occurring to or involving cyclists in a road situation?

• Do any officially published statistics on causes and responsibility differ significantly in the different areas you have lived and regularly cycled?

• Have you researched your questions and interests elsewhere to see if (that) the information you wish to gather exists already and could save you plenty of time and hassle?

• What do you intend to use the data for once gathered? Post 57 noted

• To that end, what organisations, web places or individuals will it be shared with? whether for commercial ends or from altruism or interest? (Edit: your employee status noted too, can we assume you have some sort of contract stipulation preventing you working as a paid pollster?)

• Are you asking your survey in different legal jurisdictions & tailoring it accordingly to individual mandated/prohibited activities? If so how? if not, how do you mitigate for skew in your answers for e.g. mandated helmets in Australia but not UK etc?

classic33

Leg End Member
Why the hidden facebook link?

classic33

Leg End Member
To be fair to the other members, we get a lot of this kind of thing and can suffer a little from survey fatigue meaning that we will naturally become a little suspicious. I can see their point but am giving this one the benefit of the doubt. (I was at the other end of this spectrum earlier this week and was very suspicious of a new poster...see how that works)
It's only Monday!!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
That is understandable but you can see from the time an effort that I am making to answer each question that I am not a spammer.

Questions:

• As you've previously alluded to both bad driving and cycling you witness, have you created a commensurate vehicle driver safety & attitudes survey?

• Can we have that one if it exists given we're largely drivers too?

• If there isn't such a survey, why not?

• What is your understanding of the nature and causes of accidents and injuries occurring to or involving cyclists in a road situation?

• Do any officially published statistics on causes and responsibility differ significantly in the different areas you have lived and regularly cycled?

• Have you researched your questions and interests elsewhere to see if (that) the information you wish to gather exists already and could save you plenty of time and hassle?

• What do you intend to use the data for once gathered? Post 57 noted

• To that end, what organisations, web places or individuals will it be shared with? whether for commercial ends or from altruism or interest? (Edit: your employee status noted too, can we assume you have some sort of contract stipulation preventing you working as a paid pollster?)

• Are you asking your survey in different legal jurisdictions & tailoring it accordingly to individual mandated/prohibited activities? If so how? if not, how do you mitigate for skew in your answers for e.g. mandated helmets in Australia but not UK etc?

Has returned to the site several times since my questions were posted but seemingly unwilling to expend the time and effort, even for the yes / no answers.

OP
OP
R

russellsg

Similar situation on the other site.
I am happy to answer your questions. I just don't understand the aggression towards me. You have even gone to the effort to monitor when I return to the site. I am not sure why you have to do this. I would assume most people would have something better to do with their time.

The first answer is that no I have not done a commensurate vehicle drive attitude study. As I have stated this is conducted out of interest. Please take what you want from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom