Cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mazzin

Thank you people for your prompt replies. You're a lovely bunch!

Just one final question..

Is it possible to buy full length bottoms but with the same idea as shorts... I.e. Not to be worn with underwear etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, they are called cycling tights, and come in bibs or waist version with pad, but they are generally thermal for the winter. you can get 3/4 length ones too which are thinner mostly like shorts but keep your knees warm which is important if it's chilly. This is not a bad time of year to pick these up in the sale, in winter they are more costly, and more expensive than shorts at any time of year (if you find shorts too costly)

Another option is unpadded running tights over padded shorts, with no underwear

wintergreen

If you don't fancy going for the skin tight lycra then there are other cycling shorts you may feel comfortable wearing.
I have a couple of pairs of Endura Hummvee shorts http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-hummvee-baggy-shorts-inc-liner/rp-prod40476
They also make 3/4 shorts and trousers. They come with a detachable liner which is very comfortable and can also be worn under regular shorts without any problems.
Other manufacturer's make similar shorts but I do like the Hummvee's. They are hard wearing, quick drying and look ok off the bike.

Colin B

Just avoid muddy fox from sports direct, they are appalling! I used them while trying on some unpadded leggings, what a pitiful excuse for a pad

Decent shorts don't actually have to be expensive, search through the clearance section in higher end shops or websites, such as sigma. I often find stuff half price

Dhb from wiggle are well regarded for the money (don't fit me though)
Agree with this I bought a pair and they were OK for a few miles , but at around 15 miles the pad was gone .
Always wear no undies they feel weird with em on I tried .

Top Bottom