Cycling snobbery. Does it exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stwutter said:
If you spend under £800, you can bet ya pants that you'll spend a grand in the subsequent 6 months on upgrades, and wish you'd spent £1500 in the first place.

I couldn't afford to spend anywhere near this kind of money on a bike. Two hundred quid secondhand is more like my limit, and even then I'd be pushing it a bit.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I'm not saying snobbery in cycling exists but I feel so superior to the rest of the riff raff on their new common make "road bikes" their garish sickly looking apparel, naff gadgets and the underclass on their mountain bikes with their unsightly rucksacks and horrid baggy shorts when I'm on my gorgeous, rare, handcrafted Italian lightweight model. I do occasionally rub shoulders with the great unwashed when I'm out on the old mtb. One has to maintain ones street cred. Off to the stately pile shortly where the servants are preparing dinner.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ludwig said:
I'm not saying snobbery in cycling exists but I feel so superior to the rest of the riff raff on their new common make "road bikes" their garish sickly looking apparel, naff gadgets and the underclass on their mountain bikes with their unsightly rucksacks and horrid baggy shorts when I'm on my gorgeous, rare, handcrafted Italian lightweight model. I do occasionally rub shoulders with the great unwashed when I'm out on the old mtb. One has to maintain ones street cred. Off to the stately pile shortly where the servants are preparing dinner.

Ohh get you :tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: - I have a handcrafted, Italian tubed bike, hand made for me in the UK, and the only one like it in the world.....nah nah na nah na... and I let on to all cyclists I see...... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:;):blush:

Only winding you up.......:biggrin:

Day bike is pretty ordinary MTB commuter - urban stylie !!

pbar

I love all cyclists, MTB riders, racers, posh totties, chavs, hoodies, tricycles, tandems, bents, Halfords specials, Toys R Us deal of the weeks, nicked from the tips, kids with bikes twice the size as them, commuters, club runs, Sunday riders, trip to the park to read the paper riders, my bike costs a few grand riders, and those I've missed out.

And they all love me.

Life as a cyclist is beautiful. ;)

Mortiroloboy

Here's the answer to the OP's question www.wilier.it;) all you Giant , Trek, Specialized, Ribble, Kona, et al riding riff raff take note, obviously arranandy this doesn't apply to you, like myself a truely discerning rider of the best...heee hee!

Tynan

Veteran
I wouldn't touch a bike cuddled by an effeminate foreigner blowing kisses

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
laurence said:
are they hand ... painted - to a custom spec?

By those fellas that do the roses etc on canal boats?

Or more along the lines of this?

2418386422_5e0274d4e0_o.jpg

Or this...?

2417569621_1885787f41.jpg

:biggrin:

Men who have big Wiliers have small cars (or blues and 1.5s)

I don't think they're all they're cracked up to be...unlike yer ribs Mboy.;)
Hope you are continuing to recover - can only be a while now before you need to get a new bike...:thumbsup:

Mortiroloboy

Tee hee! Ribs better than they were, most uncomfortable when laying in bed, otherwise just a dull feeling, was hoping to go on the club run Sunday, but the weather forecast isn't good, strong southerly wind, proposed ride to Marlborough, which is west /east, so nasty crosswind there and back!

I'm already looking at Van Nic's (don't tell Mrs M) not as a replacement I hasten to add, but for the future, a long way off when retire, when I'll go down the made to measure/top end Camapg gruppo route :becool:

Back to the present, I love my Wilier, and my LARGE Italian car.

Top Bottom