Cycling snobbery. Does it exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DLB

colcazal said:
Get blanked cause you wear a hi-vis? Whats the world coming to!
I wear a hi-vis all the time. I want to do the most to get seen. After all cycling is great but seeing my wee boys when I get home is much better!

Col

Of all the posts in this thread, i agree with this one the most.

I pity 'pro' cyclists in the best kit who ignore when i wave/speak. i ride because i enjoy it and it's good for me. If some snobbish cyclists don't want to speak because i have a 'cheapish' bike or wear hi-viz then it's their loss.

OP
OP
colcazal

colcazal

Well said DLB!!

Danny

Legendary Member
Oh my god, we have people on this forum who still use toe clips :angry::ohmy::ohmy: I am sure that the membership committee will take a dim view of this :blush:

Actually I use toe clips on my main bike most of the time as I use if for commuting and can't be arsed to carry another pair of shoes to change into.

Danny

Legendary Member
You should see my vintage woollen longs - they have been around so long that wool has now come back into fashion. They even have a genuine chami leather insert!

PrettyboyTim

Stwutter said:
If you spend under £800, you can bet ya pants that you'll spend a grand in the subsequent 6 months on upgrades, and wish you'd spent £1500 in the first place.

How could you spend £1000 in upgrades on a bike? :rolleyes: What on earth would you buy for it?

jely

I just bought my first bike in England (i'm an Aussie) on Wednesday and i think it's the most beautiful bike in the world - and i don't care how many "snobby" riders look down their noses at me, nothing will ever make me think any different... it's my bike and i love it!!! happy happy joy joy ... i love my new English bike! :B)

PrettyboyTim

jely said:
I just bought my first bike in England (i'm an Aussie) on Wednesday and i think it's the most beautiful bike in the world - and i don't care how many "snobby" riders look down their noses at me, nothing will ever make me think any different... it's my bike and i love it!!! happy happy joy joy ... i love my new English bike! :wacko:

Congratulations!

It's a great feeling getting a new bike, especially when you haven't had one for a while - all the possibilities open up before you...

Top Bottom