Cycling UK Advice Coronavirus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have asthma all my life - more of a problem as a child but generally mild later in life. Never really given it a thought but always had the flu jab. Suddenly to be put into a higher risk group was a bit of a shock. But I can see how it might make contracting the virus more of a risk.

Thats pretty much my circumstances - it was terrible as a kid - I missed months of school , and couldn't do PE etc - Inhalers were an absolute godsend when they came along.

IMO - if they keep people like you and I indoors - Thats 2 people less likely to need a hospital bed - so it makes sense - my own theory is that 12 weeks without any cardio activity would make me in not so good shape to battle the virus should I get it. But I have been preaching that everyone stick to the guidelines - so will do.

OP
OP
lane

lane

Veteran
Derbyshire police tweeted

"Essential travel and local exercise does not include lycra-clad cyclists on the now quieter roads"

According to who and what has it go to do with what you wear?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

BigMeatball

People are so stupid! If everyone in the country behaves the same way as the people in my neighbourhood, I'm afraid we're going to get even stricter restrictions.

Day 4 of lockdown and on my neighbourhood facebook group it's already war between casual walkers and joggers/cyclists arguing about who "owns" the local parks and paths and who needs to give space to whom.

I'm going to call it right now: people are going to start to throw hands before the end of the week. Let's just hope I'm there when it happens :laugh:

Last edited:

hoopdriver

Guru
Derbyshire Police clearly don't have enough on. They've got their drones out... ...harassing dog walkers at near deserted car parks.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...0878a2a48aaad1#block-5e7cb10b8f0878a2a48aaad1
You can just hear the chatter down at the Derbyshire Cop Shop - the lads all sitting about arguing over who gets to play with the new drone and who's turn it is next...

BigMeatball

One positive thing about this corona virus emergency is that, at least in my neighbourhood, the garbage men come and empty the bins twice a day :okay:

People are so stupid! If everyone in the country behaves the same way as the people in my neighbourhood, I'm afraid we're going to get even stricter restrictions.

Day 4 of lockdown and on my neighbourhood facebook group it's already war between casual walkers and joggers/cyclists arguing about who "owns" the local parks and paths and who needs to give space to whom.

I'm going to call it right now: people are going to start to throw hands before the end of the week. Let's just hope I'm there when it happens :laugh:
Make sure you're wearing a neutral outfit so you don't get roped in!

Luckily it's all been peace-and-love round here. So far.

two families out walking stepped off a rough (but dry) bridleway that I was honking up last night. I think they massively overestimated my fitness, it took me nearly a minute to ride past them all!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Just another power-happy badge flasher.
Yes, flashing their rusty Sherrif's badge all over social media!

They seem to have overreacted to what looks like a couple of cycle clubs stupidly going out on a group ride, but instead of fining the perpetrators, they've engaged in yet another bout of bike-bashing, like they've done before. Here it is, if you feel motivated to reply, but there are already some excellent ones, plus mine:

View: https://twitter.com/DerbyshireRPU/status/1243141455503413248?p=v

Again people inventing sub rules - Boris clearly said in his speech Monday that cycling was allowed. If thats changed then fair enough - but it needs to come from .gov.uk

Top Bottom