Cyclist abuses woman after he rode two abreast.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I assume you mean where the cyclists actually block the road so there is no room for a car to pass? I agree there as Id rather not have an impatient driver behind me.

On the other hand, as long as there is room for a car to pass, I'm not going to single file for every car that wants to pass.
Yes that's what I meant. I ride on a lot of relatively minor roads...Bs and unclassifieds so riding two abreast can make overtaking either difficult or impossible. We always single out when a car comes up behind; costs us nothing. If the road's particularly narrow it can be difficult to overtake even in single file. I'll ride as close to the edge as I can and wave them through if that happens

My attitude is if I can help keep everyone calm and friendly on the roads that can only benefit other road users, not just myself

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I'm quite impressed by how he seemingly managed to ride two abreast all by himself.

I knew this photo would come in handy one day... :smile:

two abreast single.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
That's a better position, safer.

And if a driver pisses you off, let bike drop into their path 😁
Funny, I immediately thought the other picture was better practice. In the horse world it's equivalent to what's known as "ride and lead" and when one does so one rides the offside animal and leads the unmounted beast on your left. This means that the horse under better control is the one in the road more.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
That's really irresponsible - he should be riding in single file shouldn't he ?
With or without a wheelie?

1595338745784.png

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh, he's been outed and named in the gutter press. It seems he's not a bad man, apparently.

It also seems that the female driver is attributing damage to parts of her car to this chap that he never actually went near, so in addition to using the horn as a device for expressing frustration she's a fibber.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I just got round to watching the video. Is that it? I mean it's a bit sweary but given that I consider that sounding the horn is an act of aggression, I can't see anything that I think is disproportionate. OK he probably should have left it but so should she. Maybe I've missed a bit but I can't see that he's said anything which isn't basically true.

Solocle

Über Member
That's a better position, safer.

And if a driver pisses you off, let bike drop into their path 😁
To be honest, I might have been better on the other side, I only had a really cruddy back brake to use that way (although I wasn't going fast)! Then again, I'm left handed, so it was easier to control the bike that way around, especially given a couple of hills :laugh:

The red car actually annoyed me a bit by overtaking, before stopping behind the camera car, which was waiting for me (hence me having the footage). Cutting into my extended braking distance, so I just rolled past them, to an exclamation of "no f****g way mate! :becool:

Top Bottom