Di2 in the sales ...is it worth it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yes , it’s the full groupset
Excuse my confusion and possibly ignorance. Are you looking to buy a new bike with Di2 and it's only £150/200 more? If so I would definitely go for the Di2. Wheel upgrades can come at anytime.

If, and I presume this is possible, you've been offered a full groupset for £150/200 to put on a bike you already own I'd still argue for new wheels.

Have you got a link to these cheap groupsets?

CXRAndy

Guru
I don’t know much about Di2 but a self trimming front mech sounds good :laugh:

Is there much of a weight penalty with a Di2 system? There’s the battery and I’d imagine the mechs are heavier, but I’d be interested to know the difference between say Ultegra mechanical setup vs Di2.

Not looking to buy, just interested!

Yes there is a small weight penalty, but who cares for the superior function^_^

Heigue'r

Veteran

ishaqmir

Absolutely love di2! I’ve been using it in full synchro shift and it’s perfect for me. Also great in the winter as I’ve connected it wirelessly via the WU111 unit to my Garmin and ant+ lights, so I can toggle modes via handle bar buttons to switch screens and flashing lights to full beam etc

OP
OP
gmw492

gmw492

Veteran
Excuse my confusion and possibly ignorance. Are you looking to buy a new bike with Di2 and it's only £150/200 more? If so I would definitely go for the Di2. Wheel upgrades can come at anytime.

If, and I presume this is possible, you've been offered a full groupset for £150/200 to put on a bike you already own I'd still argue for new wheels.

Have you got a link to these cheap groupsets?
The new bike comes fitted with Di2 Only £150 more than the same model with Ultegra, not the full groupset on sale for £150 that would be a bargain,

I have e- shifting as well for the first time but on an Alfine hub.
Like the others said - it’s great.

Easy no need to worry about cable stretch etc
Mine is on my E-bike - which is the one I use the most.

Mark pallister

I ride mechanical and di 2
on longer rides it’s di 2 all day ,it’s quieter and reliable and the semi synchro mode is perfect for me
i don’t think it offers any performance gains but it’s just nice to have

Gunk

Guru
I can't think of any off the peg bike that comes with a genuine "full" ultegra groupset.

Very few come with a “full” groupset my BMC ALR01 says that it’s 105 but I’ve had to add a 105 5800 crankset and brake callipers.

Mark pallister

Very few come with a “full” groupset my BMC ALR01 says that it’s 105 but I’ve had to add a 105 5800 crankset and brake callipers.
If it’s advertised as a full group set that’s exactly what you should get
most descriptions won’t say full if that’s the case you can’t complain

Top Bottom