Dish washer or washing up ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Wasn't there a thread about dishwashers a several years ago, where someone used to put their Brompton in the dishwasher to clean it.
Personally I love my DW would not be without it. I have this obsessive streak where all the plates and cutlery have to be in the correct order.

PK99

Legendary Member
Wasn't there a thread about dishwashers a several years ago, where someone used to put their Brompton in the dishwasher to clean it.
Personally I love my DW would not be without it. I have this obsessive streak where all the plates and cutlery have to be in the correct order.

Ordered Crockery Disorder?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have mixed feelings about the dishwasher. Everything goes in except the nasty stuff...….saucepans, frying pans and roasting trays.....either because there's no room for them or there's no hope of them getting clean. Then you have to roll up your sleeves and grind away with some balding pan scrubber for half an hour or so. The worst thing is doing it in a stranger's house. Exactly how clean was their roasting tray when you took it out of the cupboard???????? You should be given a form to fill in like the one they give you for the defects on a hire car.

PK99

Legendary Member
I have mixed feelings about the dishwasher. Everything goes in except the nasty stuff...….saucepans, frying pans and roasting trays.....either because there's no room for them or there's no hope of them getting clean. Then you have to roll up your sleeves and grind away with some balding pan scrubber for half an hour or so. The worst thing is doing it in a stranger's house. Exactly how clean was their roasting tray when you took it out of the cupboard???????? You should be given a form to fill in like the one they give you for the defects on a hire car.

Ours deals very well with those on a 70C Chef/Scrub wash - polished stainless steel is still polished and shiny

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ours deals very well with those on a 70C Chef/Scrub wash - polished stainless steel is still polished and shiny

Ditto - we even throw out stainless steel oven shelves in for a good clean up every now and again and they come out mint.

Maybe there are dishwashers & dishwashers as well as tablets and tablets?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Wouldn't be without it. Although they do have too many settings.
Dishwashers, like washing machines, need only two programs.
I need this in half-an-hour; and get this degungified overnight. So, a 30C quick wash, and a 70C intensive wash.
Let's look at a scenario.
You've had half a dozen friends round for dinner, you've shown off your culinary skills, and much wine has been drunk. Everyone else staggers off home. Do you want to put the last few things in the dishwasher that you filled as each course was completed and hit the 'Go' button? Or do you want to get busy with the Fairy liquid?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ditto - we even throw out stainless steel oven shelves in for a good clean up every now and again and they come out mint.

Maybe there are dishwashers & dishwashers as well as tablets and tablets?
I've never actually pressed the 70C button. I'll give it a go.

BTW, are you a Miele agent? I detect a faintly religious fervour.

woodbutcher

Veteran
We have a vast underground cistern which collects the rainwater from the roof, the top of which forms the terrace a the back of the house. We even have one of those old fashioned "repro" hand pump thingies but all to no avail because the bloody tank leaks and the water disappears somewhere . I just hope we are not sitting on top of one of those cave systems in this part of the Lot/Dordogne :sad:

Top Bottom