Do the pads in our cycling shorts lose their padding affect if worn around the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is it possible that maybe the furniture was not a good purchase. I think Lidl sometimes do bed pillow for £5 could you not tape one of those to the chair, this would avoid walking around the house in sweaty shorts.

What do the others in your house think.

No the table and chairs were expensive for a common working man like myself. They are hand me downs from my mum and dad's house. I think they cost all together,about £1500 and that was 20 years ago. They're similar to tables and chairs you'd find in a pub restaurant Heavy and able to take knocks.

RobWard

That's my question. I like to wear my cycling shorts, provided they aren't wet or sweaty, around the house after a ride. I've even worn them down the pub:whistle:. The thing is does sitting down on a flat chair kind of squash the padding more than on a bike saddle?

I'm not sure, But I have noticed my tyres have a little more wear on outer walls with commuting around the house.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Is it possible that maybe the furniture was not a good purchase. I think Lidl sometimes do bed pillow for £5 could you not tape one of those to the chair, this would avoid walking around the house in sweaty shorts.

What do the others in your house think.

You don't really think anyone else lives with this disfunctional lunatic* do you?

*meant as a complement

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Same as any underwear...
Yes true. I may just be a clean freak, I don't even wear any after a post-cycle shower

Top Bottom