Do you carry a weapon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Rule 9. Always carry a knife. Or in my case, a Leatherman.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
I do, only for times when I meet nobber people/ cyclists like the one I met last night.

Absolute hoon was sagging his head to his bottom bracket then at the road then down again and repeating this in an exhausted manner, as he came steaming past me as if to prove he was the Messiah obviously not knowing who I was.. And this 8yr old girl was crossing the road and nearly got smacked by this hoon if I hadn't shouted OI!!! And he looked up and swerved.

He then pulled over at his house no less than 509m down the road and shouted, I'm well aware of my spacial surroundings??? so I thought I'm not having this.

marcusjb

Buy a Brompton.

You have a 2ft metal bar on a quick release lever

Std_seat_pillar.jpg

Brompton seatposts have (or certainly my 2007 one does) a lip to prevent theft of seatpost and saddle.

So, should you decide you need a 2 foot pole for a quick bit of self-defence, you need to remove the saddle, undo the quick release and drop the post out of the bottom of the seat tube.

If you ask nicely, your assailant will wait whilst you undertake this extraction.

pauldavid

Veteran
Isn't it risky getting that close to a leopard? Or do you also need to carry a couple of McDonalds straws to use as blow pipes and hope your aim is spot on. I reckon if you hit a leopard between the eyes with a pebble, it may get miffed! :biggrin:

Thank you Vickster, that is the funniest post on here in weeks, you've made my night

Cubist

Still wavin'
Quick squirt from a CO2 inflator to stun/shock, then avail yourself of the best defence in the universe: distance.

All this talk of weapons worries me to be honest.

Top Bottom