Does anyone have a 1980 Raleigh catalogue ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

I've been trying to identify the model of my Raleigh. I know it's 1980, I know it was made in Worksop - or has the W stamp at least. However, the original parts were missing when I got it and it's been powder coated so none of the original paint (e..g black on the head tube) remains to provide a reliable clue. I do know it was largely red though.

It has 531 tubing, and cable guides for the back brake on top of the top tube.

I've tried several searches of the web to find the catalogue for that year, but have only found one for the Team Raleigh frameset.

I think it may be a Record or perhaps a Rapide? But wanted to try and check the catalogues for further clues. The most popular sites returned by Google all seem to have empty spaces when it comes to 1980.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don’t know what might have happened to your Google but I got plenty of hits for Raleigh 1980 catalogs. You might get some info here: https://www.kurtkaminer.com/TH_raleigh_catdata.html
Don't forget that some models ran over several year.

Thanks, I think my Google is ok, but my interpretation of the results might need work ^_^ I was looking for a UK 1980 lightweights catalogue, assuming that such a thing exists. Good point about models extending either side of that though. I'll try and look at some of the other catalogues. How different were Us and Uk models?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks, I think my Google is ok, but my interpretation of the results might need work ^_^ I was looking for a UK 1980 lightweights catalogue, assuming that such a thing exists. Good point about models extending either side of that though. I'll try and look at some of the other catalogues. How different were Us and Uk models?
Around that time a lot of US models were branded Carlton.

sheddy

Legendary Member
OT but the Raleigh Story by BBC is on YouTube.

Could you post a picture of the lugs (it could also be a Competition btw)
Could you post a picture of the lugs (it could also be a Competition btw)
RIMG0810.jpg

Top Bottom