Dogs on shared paths...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rowan 46

Über Member
Not true. Many parks are dog friendly places with no requirement to keep a dog to heal. Dogs are encouraged to run free and play. The only requirement in such places is that the dog obeys commands. Bye-laws vary from town to town so I wouldn't be quite so sweeping with your statements.

Not arguing just wished to point out there is usually a requirement to clean up after their dog

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Not arguing just wished to point out there is usually a requirement to clean up after their dog
I did not reply to a post you made so not sure if you are confused or quoted wrong post?.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sustrans has been really kind to dogs around this way, they have put in a 20 mile long toilet for them.

Slow down and always expect the unexpected when dogs, kids in fact anything else that moves is around on shared paths. Up here we get dogs chasing us up the road, they have come out of front gardens, must say though it can help when doing intervals.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
In hind sight I think your post was well written, you will clearly win the "turd dispenser" lovers over with your carefully chosen words, well done, keep up the good work.
biggrin.gif
Well said. I didn't realise that 10 year olds were alowed on the forum :rofl:

abo

If you cannot bring your dog to heel with a command, then it's not "under control" and so should be on a lead. I know you will find that irksome and so you will huff and puff about how your poochikins has a "right" and it's never hurt anyone, but wriggle as you like the byelaw for whichever park you want to name will say on a lead or under control.

Ok, I'll post it again:

http://www.stockton.gov.uk/resources/leisure/14776/dogcontrolareasprestonpark/dogwalkingcontrol.pdf

Areas are clearly marked 'on lead' 'off lead' 'no dogs'

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Not true. Many parks are dog friendly places with no requirement to keep a dog to heal. Dogs are encouraged to run free and play. The only requirement in such places is that the dog obeys commands. Bye-laws vary from town to town so I wouldn't be quite so sweeping with your statements.

Which bit, that the dog is not under control unless it is, or that the byelaws will insist that it's under control ?

As for byelaws varying from place to place, they will only do so slightly as they have to be approved by the home office and fit within the standard template.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Which bit, that the dog is not under control unless it is, or that the byelaws will insist that it's under control ?

As for byelaws varying from place to place, they will only do so slightly as they have to be approved by the home office and fit within the standard template.
Everything you posted was untrue. By your reckoning dogs could only get exercise if the owners have access to private land. I say again the only binding law is that a dog must be under control or tight control on a foot or shared path.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
In hind sight I think your post was well written, you will clearly win the "turd dispenser" lovers over with your carefully chosen words, well done, keep up the good work.
biggrin.gif

In my experience, the owners of turd dispensers will never, ever change their view that they and their little poochykins can ever do any wrong, so it's pointless trying to convince them.

What can be done however, is ensure sure that people who have been cowed by the barrage of " Dogs have rights " and " where else do you expect them to go?" realise that there are others who find it unnaceptable that poochykins is allowed to run wherever it want's, crap wherever it needs to, and generally interfere with people quietly going about their daily business.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
In my experience, the owners of turd dispensers will never, ever change their view that they and their little poochykins can ever do any wrong, so it's pointless trying to convince them.

What can be done however, is ensure sure that people who have been cowed by the barrage of " Dogs have rights " and " where else do you expect them to go?" realise that there are others who find it unnaceptable that poochykins is allowed to run wherever it want's, crap wherever it needs to, and generally interfere with people quietly going about their daily business.
Were you bitten as a child or a cat in a previous life? You sound like a driver commenting on a cycling inncident with vitriolic wrath.

Top Bottom