Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another 3p per litre on both petrol & diesel at the local CoOp owned fuel station I pass on a daily basis. That's 6p per litre this week alone putting diesel to £1.449/litre. Haven't checked the other two, but the Morrison's one is normally 1p cheaper and the BP 2p more expensive.
And another 3p per litre on both fuels this morning - diesel now at £1.479/litre, petrol £1.449/litre

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Went to fill up yesterday. Local Tesco was closed for some reason, so went to the next nearest station, a Shell garage, the last one before a nearby motorway juntion.

152.9 pence per litre of diesel. I know the wholesale price of crude has gone for a burton, but u sure how they justify 10p more expensive than anywhere else locally, other than having desperate motorists by the cojones before they noun the motorway.

Brandane

Legendary Member
152.9 pence per litre of diesel
Abington services on the M74 want to relieve customers of 164.9 ppl.. I'm sure that was for standard unleaded, so diesel will be more. From memory, I'm sure I saw fuel at 168 ppl somewhere on my travels on Tuesday. It was on the northern section of the M6 somewhere, possibly Tebay services.

stephec

Legendary Member
Abington services on the M74 want to relieve customers of 164.9 ppl.. I'm sure that was for standard unleaded, so diesel will be more. From memory, I'm sure I saw fuel at 168 ppl somewhere on my travels on Tuesday. It was on the northern section of the M6 somewhere, possibly Tebay services.
Tebay was 1.65 for diesel on Monday, I played fuel light roulette and made it to Tesco at jnct 43 with a bit to spare instead.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm not too sure, but I don't think diesel has reached the £1.50 mark around here yet. I looked at the Morrisons petrol station sign the other day and it was £1.48 point something. Anyway, I can't make my mind up after my tenner's worth of diesel now gets me less than a week's driving. Should I up my tenner to 11 quid, or should I do less miles a week?🤔 I only do about 2,500 miles a year. If I do any less I might as well not have a car.:unsure:

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
I'm not too sure, but I don't think diesel has reached the £1.50 mark around here yet. I looked at the Morrisons petrol station sign the other day and it was £1.48 point something. Anyway, I can't make my mind up after my tenner's worth of diesel now gets me less than a week's driving. Should I up my tenner to 11 quid, or should I do less miles a week?🤔 I only do about 2,500 miles a year. If I do any less I might as well not have a car.:unsure:
I do more that on my bike. Hit 3500 for the year yesterday, should end up over 4000.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I probably do similar mileage now. I only use my car for essential journey's as i live in a village and buses around here are shockingly bad. I cycle more than i drive. Just get yourself a Raleigh Superbe and laugh in tweed at the savings.

Had to visit Llandudno yesterday - it was £1.39 at the Esso station as we left
On the A55 near St Asaph it was £1.54 - that one was my goto station when I worked in Denbigh and lived in Bangor and it was cheap then - no longer it seems

Top Bottom