E-Sports cheating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I just read that. People will cheat at anything.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What pre ride data did he manipulate and how did that change virtual equipment in Zwift?
I can’t pretend to understand any of this but it says.

data indicating that on multiple occasions he had ridden for over 200 kilometres, at 2000 watts with a weight of 45kg.

Which seems quite unlikely. But it earned him better equipment.

CXRAndy

Guru
It wouldn't of taken long for a top cyclist to achieve the Tron bike. I know a few who got it in a couple of months,. Took me best part of a year, but then I began riding regularly over 3000ft per ride. It soon ticked down

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I’ve followed him on Instagram & the Chris Pritchard cycling hub show for the last year. I even bought my Carnac race lid partly because he used them at one point. The next Cycling hub vlogs will be interesting.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
So basically, what we have here is a case of electronic doping. I don't see it as any different from Armstrong & co dosing themselves up with EPO then "beating" clean riders as a result. A cheat is a cheat, no matter what method was used to gain an unfair advantage. I wonder if his real life cycling club will throw him out for his virtual cheating?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I can’t pretend to understand any of this but it says.

data indicating that on multiple occasions he had ridden for over 200 kilometres, at 2000 watts with a weight of 45kg.

Which seems quite unlikely. But it earned him better equipment.
If you put your weight in artificially low your power to weight data gives your a better ratio meaning your go faster

BurningLegs

Veteran
If you put your weight in artificially low your power to weight data gives your a better ratio meaning your go faster
That’s true, but not what happened in this case.

There has been no allegation of cheating during the race - only before it (to unlock faster equipment for use within the race).

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I feel sorry for Cam. It wasn't even a rule when he unlocked the concept z1 & others raced on it too. The uci shouldn't be involved. It's such bad press for British cycling.

Top Bottom