• Not really

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

• Not at all

• Are England still in it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because we'll have the circus of another manager appointment?

• Yes, Engerland, Engerland, Engerland...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not really!

And I don't mind if the Scots do! ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
andyoxon said:
Any bothered if England fail to qualify...?

I would actually be pretty happy. I fell out of love with footie years ago.

I think "The National Game" needs to sort itself out in this country and just maybe such a humiliation might be what's needed.
Considering the money, the coverage in the meedja and the plaudits poured over the game and it's players, there seems to be a lack of desire/ability/hunger to perform at a national level. Everybody tells me we have the talent.

This, in a week where one of the papers stated that in the Premier Division foreign players outnumber British by something like 3 to 1. IIRC Arsenel fielded a team the other day that had 1 British player! This suggests to me that we are not producing enough home-grown players of the appropriate level, hence we are constantly relying on the same tired old "names" with not enough new hungry talents snapping at their heels for their places.
Also tactically England are a shambles, we need to get back to attacking football and realise that IF we get into the lead, we cant then spend the rest of the match in our own half defending. Change the formation for more players up front and scare the opposition defence sh1tless.
Improve discipline in the team, get a yellow-card, you don't get paid or selected for the next game (we could do this with a larger squad of home grown talent).
Pay the England team on results only, no win, no fee.
Replace the current FA, with new blood with new ideas/remit.

Personally, I think the England Rugby team woke the nation up. There was true grit and determination in the England camp...the game mattered to them, and the SA hammering was a call to arms. Somehow you just never get that same spirit with the England Footie team.
Time to make 'em earn their cash and deliver some results.

Hopefully being the laughing stock of Europe might just create some action...but I doubt it, everybody involved is just too cosy.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've long had a little fantasy that all the home nations make it to none of these big competitions and so, due to a profound lack of interest the Whore of a Game is dropped from the telly and all sports pages.

Fab Foodie

Andy in Sig said:
I've long had a little fantasy that all the home nations make it to none of these big competitions and so, due to a profound lack of interest the Whore of a Game is dropped from the telly and all sports pages.

That's a great fantasy!

yenrod

Everyone I know or have spoke to wonders why they appointed this man !

Would anyone accept this position ;) - If they where of sane mind and body.

girofan

Wot Fab Foodie said (almost word for word ;)).

I'll vote for the man. We have a joke for a manager. Product of 'jobs for the boys' mentality that still pervades the FA.
Just thought, what a appropriate initial for English football, FA, that's what you get with the overpaid clowns with a lack of the basic skills of the game.

I'd like to think what's been posted would come to pass, but I'm cynical and weary of years of false dawns. Things won't change whilst we have the present system and I can't see the system being changed.

what! Does this mean that the whole farrago limps along for another four days? Tell me it ain't so!

And, yes, Fab Foodie has lifted the half-formed thoughts from my brain and polished them into a nugget of insight.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
What channel is the match on ? I'll make a point of giving it a miss.

Slightly O/T. Is it true that Yorkshire C.C.C. was the last one to drop the rule that you were of Yorkshire stock to play for them ?

Fab Foodie

simon l& and a half said:
what! Does this mean that the whole farrago limps along for another four days? Tell me it ain't so!

And, yes, Fab Foodie has lifted the half-formed thoughts from my brain and polished them into a nugget of insight.

I must be improving!
;)

Top Bottom