Entered my First Audax - now what???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Oi ! Enough of this namby-pamby touchy-feely mince. :angry:

Just stop faffing about :giggle:, get on yer bike :bicycle: and ride the 200k - and get back in time.

Then give a brief ride report - "I got my Brevet card, rode to all the Controls, got my card stamped or appropriate receipts and finished in time" will do fine.

Ride Safe. :okay:

You know me, not one to make a fuss... :whistle:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
There had better be more of a ride report than that.

After 26 pages of support, encouragement and ribbing I'm expecting a bloomin David Attenborough documentary !:laugh:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
There had better be more of a ride report than that.

After 26 pages of support, encouragement and ribbing I'm expecting a bloomin David Attenborough documentary !:laugh:

Never... In the history of Audax... Has so much... Been made... About so little... (Read in a Winston Churchill stylie)

The hardened PBP and LEL'ers will be sitting in the pub corner with a half pint of real ale scratching their beards wondering what all the fuss is about.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Never... In the history of Audax... Has so much... Been made... About so little... (Read in a Winston Churchill stylie)

The hardened PBP and LEL'ers will be sitting in the pub corner with a half pint of real ale scratching their beards wondering what all the fuss is about.
As long as they're not sitting there wondering where you have got to. Lol. Weather looks ok...ish. Hope you enjoy it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
He's lost - and there'll be a 25-page thread dedicated to wondering where he's gone :wacko:

Reached the last control half an hour ago according to Facebook, so just the ride to the finish now :smile:
Which doesn't leave us much time to do this:

He's lost - and there'll be a 25-page thread dedicated to wondering where he's gone :wacko:

So let me get started.

@Fubar is lost! @Pat "5mph" I demand you raise a search party right away and go look for him.

Audax in Scotland? Too, too dangerous! Why didn't we stop him?

(I've only audaxed in scotland once, and it was hell! 80km leg with only Jan's Juicy Baps van. Low flying RAF jets**. And I only got offered a single dram of whisky to go with my porridge! Every other time I have been to Scotland, I've had a little more whisky than that. And - sorry, but it did sear itself into my memory - passing through Lockerbie, which is internationally famous for one tragic reason.)

**ok, secretly i thought the jets were very cool, and wished I'd had my SLR

edindave

Über Member
Which doesn't leave us much time to do this:

So let me get started.

@Fubar is lost! @Pat "5mph" I demand you raise a search party right away and go look for him.

Audax in Scotland? Too, too dangerous! Why didn't we stop him?

(I've only audaxed in scotland once, and it was hell! 80km leg with only Jan's Juicy Baps van. Low flying RAF jets**. And I only got offered a single dram of whisky to go with my porridge! Every other time I have been to Scotland, I've had a little more whisky than that. And - sorry, but it did sear itself into my memory - passing through Lockerbie, which is internationally famous for one tragic reason.)

**ok, secretly i thought the jets were very cool, and wished I'd had my SLR

He'll have been going through Prestonpans after dusk - you'd want a stab-proof vest rather than a dSLR. ;)

Top Bottom