Etape Caledonia 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

kennykool said:
Noodley - well done on entering. We'll organise to meet up at take the ride together.

promise I will have a puncture repair kit this time!!!!!!!

Hold on, one goddamn minute! You haven't offered to ride with me! I am outraged! It's as if you think I might hold you back! Tsk! :laugh:xx(

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
RRRRRRRRRRRRight!

After having just got my new (and first) road bike, I'm up for doing the Etape next year. It'll give me something to aim for over the winter and try and do this bike some justice!

Any info on when I can register - money's a bit tight at the moment, Mrs.Eldud is setting up a childminding business and there's no second income at the mo so I think I'll have to leave registering until after new year.

Final question - is there anything they offer to collect sponsorship or does that need to be done separately by myself?

adscrim

Veteran
Keep and eye on the website - registration has been open since the day following this years event but I've no idea it 2010 is anywhere near capacity. I seem to remeber a note on the website saying wheen places were becoming limited.

With regards the sponsorship collection - set up a 'just giving' page!

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
adscrim said:
Keep and eye on the website - registration has been open since the day following this years event but I've no idea it 2010 is anywhere near capacity. I seem to remeber a note on the website saying wheen places were becoming limited.

Thanks for the heads-up, it does leave me in a bit of a quandary though, I might just have to chance it and hopefully I'll get a spot.

adscrim said:
With regards the sponsorship collection - set up a 'just giving' page!

That's what I was thinking, does this have to be for Macmillan? Very good cause but I'd like to give to a charity of my choice.

B-B-BikeyStrike!

I'm thinking about doing this next year - i'll have to train obviously, but I'm pretty fit.

The only thing is, my steed at the moment is a Cannondale Badboy 700- a fast bike so it is, but is it gonna be unbearable for the 80 mile Etape?

Am I racing a Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia in a race of Porsche 911's? Am i racing a German Shephard in a race of Palio horses? Silly car and animal analogies are most welcome.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
B-B-BikeyStrike! said:
I'm thinking about doing this next year - i'll have to train obviously, but I'm pretty fit.

The only thing is, my steed at the moment is a Cannondale Badboy 700- a fast bike so it is, but is it gonna be unbearable for the 80 mile Etape?

Am I racing a Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia in a race of Porsche 911's? Am i racing a German Shephard in a race of Palio horses? Silly car and animal analogies are most welcome.

I'd say go for it, everybody loves a challenge!

You never know - you could be the fairground pony turning up to the Grand National and thrash the lot of them! ;)

adscrim

Veteran
eldudino said:
does this have to be for Macmillan? Very good cause but I'd like to give to a charity of my choice.

No, no obligation to give to charity at all. The event is a MacMillan event so they obviously push that, but you can give to whom ever you wish.

ACS

Legendary Member
scook94 said:
Been thinking about doing this since I talked to TechMech about it a while back, still not sure though...

Me to, just not sure after last years tack throwing incident. :smile:

Going to watch with interest and make a decision in the New Year.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
Been thinking about doing this since I talked to TechMech about it a while back, still not sure though...

satans budgie said:
Me to, just not sure after last years tack throwing incident. :smile:

Going to watch with interest and make a decision in the New Year.

Go oooooooooooooooooon! If you say yes then it'll give me an incentive to drag Steven out around the North Third every weekend! ;)

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
Go oooooooooooooooooon! If you say yes then it'll give me an incentive to drag Steven out around the North Third every weekend! :smile:

Think we might need something a bit tougher to train on than the North Third! Have you tried it yet on the new bike?

Top Bottom